Epilogue

Hope POV-
Josie graduated with her bachelors in teaching four years ago. Elijah and Nicolas are now seven and getting ready to start at the Salvatore School for the Young and Gifted. Josie and I had the boys tested and they both have the werewolf gene and vampire blood in their systems. Two more tribrid siphoners. Alaric kept his promise and offered Josie a job working with the teenage witches and to help Emma out with the young kids. I have continued to assist Alaric with monster hunting, recruiting, and self defense.
"Hope, can I talk to you for a second?" Alaric grabs me on my way to teach one of my self defense classes. We only have a couple more weeks until summer break. "Yeah, of course." I step into his office. He sits down at his desk across from me. "So, I think my time as the headmaster is coming to an end." I nod my head unsure of where he is going to take this conversation. "You have been shadowing me here for the past couple of years and I feel you would be perfect to take over the position. You represent all three of our major branches of supernaturals here at the school and the students love you. I would be honored to stay here and teach a history class and maybe help Dorian out with research but I am tired of being in charge. Josie already works here and I know the boys will he starting here this coming year so all of your family is already here. What do you think?" I used to always joke about this with Josie that I would take her Dad's job as headmaster one day. Josie every time would end the conversation telling me to take it if he offers. I nod my head. "Yes, I accept." He stands up and extends his hand for me to shake. "Effective the coming school year, congrats Hope." I shake his hand before leaving to teach my class.
"Wait, he offered you the job, today?" Josie is in the kitchen cooking dinner for us. "Yep, called me into his office and offered it right there effective this next school year. But he said he would like to stick around to teach history and help Dorian. So he won't be gone for good he said he is just tired of being in charge." I grabs plates and silverware to set the dinner table. "That is amazing, Hope, we always knew this would happen." I hum in response. "Eli and Nico! Go wash your hands for dinner!" I yell up the stairs before turning back to Josie. She finishes setting all of the plates on the table before glancing over at me. "So, what am I supposed to call you? Headmaster Saltzman-Mikaelson?" Both of us laugh as I pull her in for a hug. "You are the only one still allowed to call me whatever you want, Jo."
We both turn to watch the stairs as Elijah and Nicolas come sprinting down them, apparently racing. Nicolas extends his hand towards Elijah and begins to siphon. "Nicolas Kol. No siphoning your brother." They both rush to sit down at the table. "I win!" Elijah throws his hand up in victory. He definitely has more of the Saltzman physical characteristics while Nicolas takes after the Mikaelson genes especially with his red hair. Josie shoots each of them a look telling them to calm down. I try to hide the smirk on my face but not before Josie shoots me the same look the boys just received. Elijah and Nicolas both have not triggered their curses or killed someone so at the moment they are just siphoner witches. Josie and I have decided to wait to explain the extent of their supernatural powers until they are a little older.
The boys are talking about random games they play when Josie asks me in my head. "Lizzie asked if we could watch their daughter this weekend? She and MG have to go deal with some Gemini Coven business." I nod my head at Josie but answer in my head. "Lily is welcome to spend the weekend with us. When does she start at the school again?" Josie scrunches her face to think. "She is three years younger than the boys so  in three years I would assume. Pretty sure she showed signs for being a witch."
Nicolas grabs ahold of my hand that is resting on the table and locks eyes with me as Elijah keeps talking about everything under the sun. "You and Momma are having another silent talk." I give his hand a quick squeeze. "I'm sorry, Nico. I was just asking her a quick question." He nods his head before continuing his conversation with Elijah. I look back at Josie. "Smart kid. He's figured out our tells." She looks over at Nicolas and smiles. He has always been the more sensitive one of the two boys, more reserved, while Elijah makes friends with everyone he meets or tries to anyway.
"Okay boys, time for bed." Josie and I follow them up the stairs and into their room. We converted the nursery into the perfect room for them. We put in two twin beds, and I painted a picture of a wolf on the wall as requested by Elijah. It was only recently that we told them about my ability to become a wolf but they have been obsessed with wolves their entire lives. Eventually, we can always convert the guest room to be another bedroom if they get tired of each other's company but as of right now, they are attached at the hip similar to how Lizzie and Josie were.
We tuck them into their beds and say good night to each of them. "Goodnight Mama," Elijah leans forward wrapping his arms around my neck before laying back down. I give him a quick kiss on his forehead before switching with Josie to say goodnight to Nicolas. "Goodnight Nico, sleep well." I sit down on the side of his bed and lightly rub my hand up and down his stomach. "Mama, what if I can't sleep again?" He has been having more and more trouble staying asleep. He already has his wolf stuffed animal laying next to him. I lean down so Elijah can't hear me. "You always have your drawing pad to distract you otherwise I will check on you later to make sure you are okay." He nods his little head at me. "Goodnight." I kiss his forehead before walking out of the room with Josie.
We crack the boys' door and head down the stairs turning on the tv. I rest my back on the couch arm rest while Josie sits between my legs. We haven't broken tradition. We still make time to talk about our days every night we both are home. I occasionally go on work trips with Alaric. "I hope they always stay this cute." Josie closes her eyes and leans into me as I wrap my arms around her. "Me too, they both still tell us stuff." We both chuckle. Josie lets out a blissful sigh. "I love our life." She turns her head to look at me. "We did it, babe. We got our eternity." A smile flashes across my face at her comment. "I love you, Jo." I lean forward and kiss her. "I love you, too."