Chapter Seventeen

Josie POV-

Hope and I both make it to class but barely. I sit down in my seat and a couple minutes later feel my phone buzz. "Sorry about the late start, lost track of time beating up your dad," a smile broke out on my face. It didn't bother me; I was trying to read up on imprinting and the full moon. I know Hope didn't want to force me into this but I love her. And spending the rest of my life with her sounds like heaven. I text Hope back under the table, "No worries, isn't there a full moon tonight?" I couldn't remember how it works for Hope since she can transform at will. "Yep, want to see my wolf when you are sober?" I couldn't help but smile again. I am definitely going to get caught texting. "Yes, please," I put my phone down and try to pay attention in class but all I can think about is the first time Hope's wolf protected me.

I meet up with Hope after classes to get dinner. "Hey babe," Hope walks up to me and places her hand on my waist before kissing me. "Ready for tonight?" Hope looks excited to share this night with me. I squeeze her hand. "Yes, of course, maybe I can remember it this time," we both laugh as we get food and eat. We head up the stairs to my room so I can change out of my uniform before heading outside with Hope. She already changed into a pair of jeans and a t-shirt.

Hope POV-

I grab Josie's hand as we head out of her room and out the back doors of the school. The rest of the wolves have to transform in the basement but since I can transform at will and don't have to necessarily change, Alaric lets me change into my wolf outside. We step inside the woods line as Josie turns around to give me privacy. "Jo, you have seen me naked," I laugh as she stays turned around.

I fold my clothes and put them under the bush like I always do. As soon as I start thinking about it, my bones start to break. It is a lot quicker now than it used to be so it is just a sharp pain then I am my wolf. I turn around to see Josie with her back still towards me.

Josie POV-

I am trying to give Hope her privacy to change because I know this is kind of a big deal. Normally wolves can't control themselves around others, but Hope's wolf has imprinted so even if I was miles away, she could find me. I feel a slight nudge as Hope rubs her head against the outside of my leg. "Hope," I kneel as she pushes her head into my chest. I wrap my arms around her head, hugging her. "You are gorgeous."

Hope pushes a little too hard and I fall to the ground. She leans forward and licks my entire face from my chin to my forehead. "Really Hope? You had to lick my entire face?" I can't help but laugh. I stand back up as Hope goes behind me and tries to walk between my legs. "Hope, what are you-" I stop as she tries it again. "You are too tall to fit between my legs, babe."

She tries it once more before she lays down with her legs tucked and whimpers. "What do you want, Hope?" She flips her head up and back. "You want me to climb onto your back?" Hope stands up and her tail wags. I walk over and place my hand on her back as she kneels some. In her wolf form, she stood probably four feet tall. "This is not going to be graceful, Hope," I laugh to myself as Hope does her best to help me. Finally, I situate myself where I have my arms wrapped around her neck and my legs clutching her back. She looks back to see that I am fully on before she starts to move.

Hope POV-

Josie looks like she is situated so I slowly start to stand up. I know she gets motion sick so I hope I don't end up with throw up in my fur. I start to walk as she gets more comfortable and is looking around as our surroundings pass us. I look back to see her smiling back down at me. Time to take this to the next level.

I start to run. I am dodging trees and jumping over rocks. I can feel Josie's grip tighten around my neck. "Hope, stop jumping over things while I am on your back!" she is laughing as she holds on. I run around for a little bit longer before coming up to a fallen tree. I slow down and kneel so Josie can slide off. She looks confused. "Why did we stop here?" She looks over to the tree that is laying on the ground. It clicks, "Wait, is this the tree you punched?" she turns around to look back at me before walking over and seeing exactly where my knuckles cut through the wood. "Remind me not to piss you off," she looks back at me and laughs. I walk over and nudge her leg letting out a slight whimper.

Josie POV-

Hope looks up at me and whimpers. She moves over by the fallen tree and lays down. She lays her head down between her paws with literally the biggest puppy dog eyes so I sit down next to her too. She moves to lay her huge head in my lap. I slowly find myself running my hands through her fur. "I know you can't respond, but I also know you have avoided talking to me about imprinting all week." I wait for a response but Hope doesn't move, her eyes slowly open and close with enjoyment as I continue running my hand through her fur. "I just want you to know," I pause for a second before continuing," Hope, I love you, I know everything I am accepting here by letting you bite me." I pause again as she looks up at me releasing a slight whimper. It feels like we can already communicate without words. Like I understand what she is saying even as a wolf. "I want this, I want you." I keep rubbing her head looking up at the stars until I start getting tired. "Hey, Hope, can we head back? I'm getting sleepy." Hope slowly stands up and shakes her entire body making her look fluffier. She kneels and I crawl onto her back again. She picks up speed as we run back towards the school ending our wonderful night.