Chapter Fifty-Five

Josie POV-
I never feel overly hot when I sleep even with Hope radiating the amount of heat she does but for some reason I wake up hot. I look down and see my stomach is glowing again. Hope is staring at me quietly just watching. I mouth quietly, "Stalker." She rolls her eyes at me. "I'm your wife, you knew what you were getting into." I scoot over closer into Hope as she wraps her arms around me a huge grin on her face.
After a couple of minutes, Hope lifts her head off the pillow, listening. "Hey, I think the rest of my family is here." I nod my head as we both get up and change. We head downstairs to find Marcel and Rebecca sitting down on the couch, Kol and Davina in the living room chairs, and Keelin, Nik, and Freya on the floor. When we walk in, Nik immediately stands up and runs over to me wrapping his arms around my legs. "Josie!" Hope squats down next to him waiting for her hug from him. "Hope!" he lets go of me to jump into Hope's arms, she picks him up off the ground. "How are you doing, Nik? Did you miss me?" I always love watching Hope interact with him. He nods his head quickly at Hope before hugging her neck.
Marcel and Rebecca scoot over to let me sit down. Hope eventually sets Nik down and sits on the couch arm rest next to me placing her arm around my shoulders. She turns to Freya. "Aunt Freya, did you update them?" I turn to Davina and Rebecca who both look confused. Right on time, again, the twins light up my stomach. It begins to glow red. Davina's voice is quiet. "The twins are siphoners like you and your sister." Davina stands up and walks over to get a closer look. "May I?" She asks. I nod as she places her hand against my stomach. You can feel a tiny bit of warmth when they are siphoning. "They do a good job of only doing it a little bit at a time that I haven't felt a huge drain yet." Davina stands back as Rebecca approaches wanting to feel too. Hope remains still, carefully observing from next to me.
"So, Davina, I was wondering if you could help me spell something that the twins could siphon to prevent them from siphoning Josie too much? Caroline, when she was pregnant with the girls, had something similar made and it helped a little bit." Freya is looking at Davina. "Yeah, of course," she turns back to us. "When are you due?" Hope answers for me. "January 7th but I am thinking it might need to be sooner than that if the twins start to siphon more." Freya and Davina nod in agreement. "Josie, have you called your parents? They might want to come down here in case you need to give birth before you get back." All this talk about giving birth makes me anxious. I know Hope can tell; we both feed off each other when we are nervous. "No, I haven't. I will give them a call." I get up off the couch and walk out of the room.
Hope POV-
Josie leaves to call her parents to see if they want to come down to New Orleans. We really don't know how quickly the twins are going to start draining Josie. Caroline was a vampire when she gave birth to the twins. Josie is only a witch with some quicker healing thanks to our bond. Josie comes back in and sits down next to me. "They will get here tomorrow." Everyone nods their heads, "Perfect." Aunt Freya stands and motions to Davina. "Let's get started."
I take Josie's hand and lead her outside when we all disperse. "What are we doing, babe?" I open the car door for her before getting behind the wheel. "I think we both could use a little break." I grab her hand and start driving towards the bayou. I park as close as I can then help Josie out of the car. We walk hand in hand to the dock that overlooks the water. We don't say much but it is comfortable silence; both of us just craving the company of one another.
We both sit down at the edge of the dock with our feet hanging over the water. Josie's stomach begins to glow again. She leans into me as I wrap my arm around her pulling her closer. After a couple of seconds, the glowing stops. "Hope, do we need to talk about what will happen if I die giving birth?" This is what has been bothering her. I don't say anything; I just keep looking at the water. "Babe," she reaches her hand up to my cheek forcing me to look at her. I try to hold it back but tears begin to flood my eyes. "That won't happen, everything is going to work out. I will make sure that we get our happy ending." She starts to rub circles on my cheek as I lean into her touch. "Hope, we need to talk about this as much as neither of us want to. You and Freya both had the same worried look on your face last night. All of us know that Mom barely survived and she is a vampire. We are all thinking it."
I pull Josie into me, her arms wrap around my back. I know I am getting the sleeve of her shirt wet. "Hope, can you just promise me something then I will drop it?" I pull back from her shoulder and mumble a quiet yes. "If something happens to me, you can't rampage. You can't turn off your humanity. Our kids will need you. They will need their Mom to teach them how to control their powers and talk to their crushes. How to handle sibling fights. For you to drop them off at school and talk to them when they need you." Josie's voice is breaking as a couple tears begin to roll down her cheeks. "You can't abandon them. They will need you." I nod my head. I look back out to the water as Josie places her head on my shoulder. We both sit there looking over the water before I break the silence. I take a deep breath to hopefully steady my voice. "I promise."