Chapter Sixty-Two

Hope POV-
I wake up quickly to the sound of the monitor screaming. I jump up and look to Josie. Her face is extremely pale. Freya is beside me. "Her eyes just rolled to the back of her head. Give her blood. I'll get the doctor." Without hesitation I bite my wrist and bring it to Josie's lips. I will not lose her.
Dr. Bowers comes running into the room. "We need to do the C section now." Three nurses run in behind her and unlock the bed so it can roll. Freya grabs Davina and follows us down the hall. If the doctor can't cut into Josie's belly we might need to use magic to coax the babies out. A nurse throws Davina, Aunt Freya, and me scrubs to put on. Normally, we would not be allowed to go back with Josie but this is not a normal situation.
They roll Josie into a surgery room and quickly prepare it. One of the nurses inserts pain relief and knock out medicine into Josie's IV. I go and stand by her head. I start speaking to her. "Okay, Jo, it's going to be okay. I promise." The blood appears to have helped a little bit but she is still unresponsive. Eventually, Dr. Bowers reaches for the scalpel.
She tries to make the incision. The blade won't even slice. "Dammit, okay Hope, Davina, come here." Freya walks over to stand next to Josie. "We need to do the same thing the witches did for Caroline. The twins don't want to come out to a non magic environment. Repeat after me." Freya begins a spell. It spreads out filling the room with magic, it feels electric. Davina and I join in on the spell.
Dr. Bowers attempts to make the incision again. The knife cuts through. "Okay, just keep going, we will be done soon." I close my eyes trying to focus. Freya turns to me after a minute and nods her head to step away. I let go of her hand and then hear it. The cry of one of my kids. The nurse wraps the baby and turns to hand it to me. "It's a boy." Tears begin to fill my eyes. I look down at his beautiful face. When the nurse places him in my arms, he stops crying. He has a full head of brown hair and piercing blue eyes. "Hi Elijah James, it's so nice to finally meet you." He reaches out grabbing ahold of my finger.
Aunt Freya and Davina stop chanting. The nurse is wrapping my other child. I turn to Aunt Freya. "Here, this is Elijah James Saltzman-Mikaelson." She carefully takes him from me with a huge smile on her face. I turn back to the nurse. "It's another boy." We had twin boys. This is perfect.
The nurse places him in my arms. He stops crying the same as his brother did when he looks up at me. He has brownish red hair and brown eyes that match Josie's. "It's so nice to meet you Nicolas Kol." He cocks his head at hearing my voice. I offer my finger and he takes it. Davina leans over my shoulder. "What is his name?" I turn around so she can see him. "Nicolas Kol Saltzman-Mikaelson."
The nurses take the boys back from us to go take vitals and give bathes. I follow them unable to let myself leave them. Both boys have been quiet since I held them. When we place them in the water, they close their eyes appearing to enjoy the warmth. We get them all wrapped up again. The nurse helps me arrange them so I can hold both at the same time. She takes me back to Josie's room. I walk in to see Josie blinking open her eyes. All of our family is standing around waiting. I walk over to Josie's bed. "Hey babe, how are you doing? Ready to meet our kids?" She nods her head, eyes wide open. I can feel her heartbeat increase a little.
I lean over and hand her Elijah. "This is Elijah James and this is Nicolas Kol." All of our family quietly gushes at their names. Josie holds onto Elijah as I stand with Nicolas. All of our family comes over to meet them. Dr. Bowers comes in to check on Josie. "How are you feeling Josie?" She nods her head. "So much better, thank you again." Dr. Bowers nods her head. "I will be back to check on you later. We should be able to discharge you tomorrow." I turn to her. "Thank you."
After everyone gets to meet our boys I speak up, "I think Josie could use some rest now." They all take the hint and shuffle out of the room to go find food or caffeine. Josie scoots over on the bed so I can sit down next to her. We trade kids. Josie is smiling down at Nicolas. "He has your hair color and Elijah has your eyes." I can see what she means but counter her point. "Yeah but Nicolas has your eyes and Elijah has your hair. Our kids are perfectly split between our features." Both of us sit quiet for a second, the boys both begin to fall asleep in our arms. They reach out grabbing each other's hand.
I turn to Josie. "I was thinking about nicknames earlier. How about Eli and Nico?" Josie's face lights up. "I love those. Our boys have some powerful names." I lean down careful to avoid waking our boys and kiss Josie. "I love you." She leans forwards kissing me again. "I love you, too."