Sixty

Hope POV-
I make it back to the house after running. The sun is beginning to set. Josie's heartbeat never raised higher than normal my entire run. This was the perfect gift for me. The thumping on my wrist spikes quickly as I grab the door handle. I vamp into the house.
I stop in the living room not finding anyone and continue to the kitchen. I rush in to find Josie and Kol laughing. Everyone else is moving around the kitchen with smiles on their faces. Josie looks over to me and sees my gold eyes and the worried expression on my face. She immediately walks over to me and takes my arm guiding me. I follow her up the stairs and to our room.
Josie shuts the door behind us. She pulls my hand and walks me over to sit on the edge of our bed. "Babe, talk to me, what's wrong?" I blink my eyes a couple of times. The thumping on my wrist slows as Josie sees the blue return. "Your heart rate spiked, I just," I trail off. Josie grabs my hands. "Every time my heart rate spikes it doesn't mean something is wrong. It'll take time but you'll be able to tell the difference soon between normal and abnormal ranges." I nod my head.
Josie is rubbing circles on my hands. "Go shower and meet us downstairs. Dinner should be ready when you are done." Josie stands up to let me shower in peace. "Want to join me?" I stand up and vamp to stand in front of her, a smirk on my face. "Hope, our families will know what we are doing." I can feel her heartbeat increasing in speed. "You should tell your heart then that you don't want to." I place my hand on her waist pulling her closer to me. "That's not fair. You're cheating." Josie tries to fake pout before leaning into me placing both of her hands against my face. She pulls me in closer, grazing her lips across mine before stopping. "Go shower, we can continue this later." Josie drops her hands from my face and begins to strut away. "Mrs. Saltzman-Mikaelson, I stand by what I have said for the past couple of years. You are my greatest weakness and a huge tease." Josie winks at me before slipping out our bedroom door.
Josie POV-
I walk down the stairs. Keelin stops me before I can enter the kitchen. "Is Hope doing okay?" She places one hand on my shoulder. Freya walks out of the kitchen and stands next to Keelin. "Yeah, she felt my heart spike when I was laughing with Kol and she freaked out a little. We talked. She is better." Both of them nod. Freya speaks next. "We saw her eyes flash gold again. Her wolf is acting possessive, isn't it?" I slowly nod my head.
I shift between my feet, "Is that normal? It has spiked with the pregnancy and then after the other night after the incident," I trail off not sure how to continue. Freya notices my hesitation. "Yes, it is normal. Any time I am injured or sick, Keelin's wolf becomes more possessive." Keelin tags in to speak. "The imprint is only going to make these feelings stronger. As long as you help reassure Hope that you are okay, you shouldn't have any major issues. After the pregnancy, the intensity should decrease."
Hearing this makes me feel better. I know Hope won't hurt me. I am more worried about what might happen if I can't stop her.
The three of us rejoin everyone in the kitchen. After a couple of minutes, Hope joins us.
The next couple of days, Hope shows me around New Orleans more. We go to the Cafe Du Monde to get beignets, we walk down the French Quarter, and we go on a date night at the bayou similar to to night that she proposed to me. Each day, the twins begin to pull more and more energy that the necklace can not handle it. Both Hope and I are feeling quite drained every lately. Hope pushes energy into me and the twins drain it. We know the day is coming soon. The more the twins siphon, the faster they grow.
Finally, it is New Year's Eve. Hope's family is planning a party to celebrate. Hope, my parents, and I are planning on heading back to Virginia the 2nd.
Hope POV-
The Mikaelson family knows how to throw a party. We decorate the house with lights and streamers. They are keeping it small though this year, just our family and Josie's parents. "Alright Hope, let's get this night started!" Kol brings me over a drink before walking away towards Davina. I turn to look at Josie, "Do you mind if I drink some?" She shakes her head no. "Go ahead, babe."
Josie POV-
I tell Hope that she can drink. Honestly, I find her so funny when she drinks. She laughs and smiles more. Hope is already super affectionate but it only increases when she drinks alcohol. Everyone else gets to see what I see every day, why I love her. It is about 11:30 pm now. 30 minutes until the new year.
Hope runs over to me after finishing her conversation with Rebecca. "Hey, Jo," she pulls me into her from behind wrapping her arms around me. "I missed you." She places her head against my neck. I can feel her grinning. "I missed you too, Hope. How are you feeling?" She lets me go so I can face her.
"Really great. Aunt Bex was telling me about her future plans with Marcel for traveling Europe. We should travel Europe. We have plenty of eligible babysitters or the kids can come with us. We only went to the Bahamas for 10 days for our honeymoon." Hope is smiling wildly as she continues, "I just want to spend the rest of my life with you. Anywhere with you and I am happy." She gets so sappy when she drinks. "Of course, Hope. I'm not going anywhere." Hope spins me around so she can wrap her arms around me again. She places one hand on my stomach so she can feel the babies. Hope places her chin on my shoulder so she can look out at everyone around us.
"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Happy New Year!" Hope pulls me into her and passionately kisses me, her eyes flash gold. Everyone around is kissing their significant other. Even Mom gives Dad a quick kiss on the cheek. "I love you," Hope keeps her hands wrapped around me. "I love you, too."
Hope POV-
My head definitely feels heavier. I've been enjoying myself. Every time I look at Josie, I just feel so happy. We do the countdown for New Years and I pull Josie into me, kissing her hard. The thumping on my wrist increases. When we separate, I look into her eyes. "I love you." Josie smiles big at me. "I love you, too."
Josie helps me get upstairs because I keep stumbling a little bit. "Babe, I don't want to go to bed, I want to stay up with you." Josie leads me to the bathroom so I can brush my teeth. When I finish, she walks me to my side of the bed. "I'm going to go to bed too, babe. Our babies need sleep." Josie brushes her teeth then lays down next to me. "You're right," I look over at her and pout. "Soon enough, we can have all nighters. Once the babies go to sleep, you're all mine." Josie starts to giggle. "Okay, babe." She leans over me to place a water bottle next to my side of the bed and turns off the light before laying down against my side. She wraps her arm across my stomach as she nuzzles her head into my shoulder, her belly pressed against me.
I run my hand along Josie's back lightly scratching. "You know the song Unbelievable by Why Don't We? You were in my heart, you were in my bed, now you wake up in my bed." I look down at Josie who is grinning. She squeezes my side. "You are adorable. That song is from our playlist, babe. Now, go to bed, you need sleep." Josie's breathing begins to slow as does the thumping I feel in the bracelet. I fall asleep with a huge smile on my face.
Josie POV-
I roll over in the morning and feel a little sick, my shirt is stuck to my skin with sweat. Hope is still sleeping. I look down and can see my stomach glowing instead of the necklace. "Hope," I am still spooning her so I place my hand on her cheek and rub small circles. "Hope, wake up." My voice sounds raspy, forced. Her eyes flutter open, "I'm up."   She looks down at me and her eyes open wide. "Josie, sit up. Freya!" She calls out from our room. I do as Hope says and she locks her hands in mine. Both of our hands start to glow as she transfers energy to me.
Freya runs in to our room rubbing sleep out of her eyes. Everyone was drinking last night, everyone but me and yet I am the one who feels sick. Beads of sweat begin to roll down my face. Freya gives me one look and pulls her phone out of her pocket. She dials a number. "Yes, we are heading there now, see you soon." She turns to Hope. "Pack an overnight bag. I'll get everyone else. Josie is going to need to have the babies today."