Chapterish 86

Hi Babes! I just want to make sure y'all are still with me!! I've been wondering... Who do you love from OMT? Everyone has different tastes and ideas of characters so I'd love to know who is your favorite so far!! Is there anyone you hate? Besides Em lol. Comment here!

Also go back to Casting Call and lemme know who you guys envision as Trix and Travis, my second fave duo. It's always fun as a writer to know who everyone else sees in their mind <3 Ok Ok I'm done now. Continue on!

...

| SEATTLE |

JUNE 20th

FORT NIGHT

I've gotten so used to ignoring knocks at my door. Mostly because anyone who needs me will call me, but really I wonder if I'm just afraid to open the door. Maybe I'm afraid of what I'll find.

Still I can't pretend I don't hear it.

Knock. Knock.

Go away. I will my thoughts to float toward the door, through it, and into the mind of the person on the other side.

BANG. Shouting begins.

"EMMELINE LOU!"

I dart up and across the floor in three seconds. I throw the door open and see Trix staring at me, arms folded, red hair falling to her waist.

"Trix!" I throw myself on her in a hug, catching a whiff of watermelon again. "Oh my god. Trix, what are you doing here?"

"You didn't answer me. Haven't for two weeks," she says, scolding. Mad Trix. Great.

"So you came here?!" I peer into the hallway behind her, half expecting to see Travis leaning against the wall. No Travis. Just Trix.

"Yes, I just came." She says, rolling her eyes. My hands are still holding onto her shoulders. I didn't let go after the hug. Afraid she'd turn to dust.

"But –how?"

"Went to the studio first. The girl there gave me your address," Trix says. "Beautiful with dreads."

"Zoë," I nod. "Sort of scary to know she just gives out my address." I laugh, trying to joke. I can tell Trix is not thrilled with me for ignoring her.

"It's not too scary. Had to show her our selfie shoot from New Years before she believed who I was." Trix looks at me with eyes wide. I can tell she wasn't planning on reminding me of NYE during her impromptu visit.

"Good to know." I nod.

"Plus, it was only after I threatened to stay all day and sleep there that she finally caved." Trix laughs nervously.

"Well, come in!" I say, almost pulling her through the door. "It's such a pigsty, I'm sorry! If you had told me you were coming–"

"–You wouldn't have answered me anyway," Trix finishes, turning to look at me. Hands are uncrossed, but resting on her hips now.

"You're probably right," I mumble, looking at my feet.

My mind swims with the last few weeks –few months really. I feel the word vomit on the tip of my tongue. Nothing seems to do my actions justice. I end up blurting out, "I'm so sorry, Trix."

She looks at me like she's confused. Her red hair warms her face so naturally she looks too kind. I see her eyes soften too. "You have nothing to be sorry for."

"I just left. After Tenfire, I switched my flight and left that day. I was just so..." What was I? Not ashamed. Not unashamed. Walking the line. "I don't know."

"I don't blame you, Em. No one does. I don't even blame you for Alex," she says, a coy smile slinking onto her lips.

"Trix," I whine. I can't help but roll my eyes.

"Hey, Alex is... Alex," Trix says, laughing. "Hey, he's hot."

"Trust me, when I thought of Tenfire that was NOT how I envisioned the night going." I laugh.

"I know. I know." She nods, stroking my arm now.

"Then, the next day Brooks came after me. I just couldn't stay there a day longer. I hated myself. I hated him. GOD I do hate him. I hated everything and everyone and that place–"

Shit. I glance at her and bite my lip, wishing I could take it back. But Trix hardly flinched when I said it. Instead, she remains quiet, intense, watching me. Finally, as though she's done measuring me, she opens her mouth.

"I'm worried about you, hun."

"I know," I say and mean it. "But don't be. I'm fine. Can't be worse than last time, right?"

I can tell she won't take me for my word. Can't say that I blame her. I walk further into my loft and she follows me. The bag drops from her shoulders. She turns around and slowly walks to the couch.

"That's the problem. I remember last time," she says, quiet. It's strange to hear Trix this quiet. "I remember what it was like for you."

Slight pang. Nothing I can't handle. Trix remembers what it was like for me. Remembers me almost falling apart. No. Remembers me very plainly falling apart.

"Don't worry about me," I say again. "I'm a different person than I was ten years ago."

People change, but they never really change.

FOOL.