10 |Relieving old memories

Work today was less stressful. We didn't have much customers today because we closed early to reorganize. The workers arranged all the old stock at the shelves that were at the back while the new arrivals were on the front shelves. The shop was now reorganized and was looking neat and more beautiful. Unlike yesterday when we had a lot of clothes lying everywhere.

Aysha was busy with our sales analysis. And I was on reorganizing duty. We have a meeting with some clients by four.

I decided to start designing clothes. I want to start a clothing line. My own office will be opened by next month so I'm having lots of meeting with investors and clients. And some models too.

ASL clothing is going to be a big hit. We've already had some designs being made for our investors to see. I've contacted a lot of dealers in all sorts of fabric and they've accepted to supply us with the materials we need. Opening a clothing line is hectic. I have to get make-up artist who would work for me Aysha will handle that for me. All I need now is to look for tailors who would sew the clothes I design and photographers and then I'm all ready for the grand opening. Aysha and I have been running around trying to get everything intact while managing my mum's boutique.

After the meeting with the clients, we went to Chocolate haven a bakery that was close to where we had the meeting. My favorite bakery back when we were younger. I haven't been there in 6years.

The bakery still looked the same although they've upgraded some little things. The walls were still covered in brick wallpaper but a new one and the seats were still wooden and black wooden tables.

We sat in my favorite spot the booth. Al-amin and I would always seat here whenever we came to this bakery.

"Fancy seeing you here" I heard someone say. I'd recognize that voice anywhere

"What brings you here al-amin?" I asked him.

"Last time I checked this is a bakery and I'm free to come anytime" he answered mockingly.

"Hey Aysha it's been so long since I've seen you" he smiled at aysha

"Hey Al-amin how have you been"

"Great can I join you?"

"Yes" "NO" we both said simultaneously.

"Thanks Aysha and I wasn't talking to Laila" he sat down and smiled at me. I frowned and looked at Aysha. She betrayed me. She grinned widely I held my chest and feigned hurt. She laughed loudly. Al-amin just smiled and shook his head.

The waitress came to take our orders.

"Chocolate milkshake and red velvet fun due cake" Aysha said and she wrote it down.

"Oreo milkshake" I stopped because al-amin and I were saying the same thing. I looked at him our eyes locked and then again we Said together " and Chocolate tiramasu" he remembered. This was what we would always order when we came here. She wrote it down and left.

"You remember. I thought you'd have forgotten by now" I said to Al-amin still shocked

" I thought you forgot" he simply whispered.

" I wouldn't forget our memories easily. They are one of my best memories" I whispered in a low voice. I know he heard me so I looked away from him.

" They are memories I'll never forget too" he said with a pained expression. I wonder why whenever I talk about the past he looks pained and hurt.

We ate in silence no one had the guts to say anything. Aysha was looking curiously at both of us. What she doesn't know is than I'm just a curious as she is. After eating he left without talking much just a simple goodbye and then he left.

When we got into the car Aysha was still looking at me wearily.

"Ask away Aysha"

"What happened in there" she asked

“i don't know. It's how he is once I bring up the past he acts weirdly"

“Hmmmm. You guys need to talk. I think why his hurt has to do with you”

“Me?! I don't think so"

"Whatever just talk to him"

“okay I will when he's ready to say anything to me"

I started the car and we drove off. I dropped her home and headed home still thinking of what she said. Why would Al-amin be hurt by me?

_______✍️✍️✍️

🤦It's been awhile I know but I've been a bit busy😥😥😪. But I've decided to create a schedule for updates so what so you think.

I think I'll be updating on Thursdays and Sundays😂😂

Please vote and comment and also share

I'd like to thank everyone who has been ready book and those who have voted, commented or added my book to their reading list. Thank you all so much❤️🦋

Happy reading. Love you all xoxo❤️❤️