09|like the past

I'm still on the voting issue. I don't like silent readers. It doesnt take much to vote.

Enjoy.......

_________✍️

We ate our desserts while talking about anything and everything.

"You remember that time I pushed into a puddle of mud when we were six in front of all our classmates at you birthday party" he said while Laughing hysterically.

"I was so embarrassed I cried all night and didn't go to school for a week" I said and laughed too remembering the memory vividly.

"And the you poured a bucket of cold water on my head and I was sick for days" he exclaimed bursting in a fit of laughter. I remembered the day I poured ice cold water on him because of what he did on my birthday. He was so sick for days I ended up feeling so bad for him.

I watched as he kept laughing recalling our old memories. I've not seen him this happy since I got back . I smiled at the sight he looked so Happy and relaxed

"What Changed after I left Al-amin?" I asked without thinking.

He stopped laughing immediately and his shoulder tensed. My eyes caught his. he looked vulnerable for a while before he masked it again.

" A lot changed and people died but that's a story for another day. We should go before your mum starts looking for you". He said with a cold express

"Okay" was all I could mutter. The waiter brought our bill and we left.

My car had already been taken home. I called the driver and he picked it up so I have to drive home with Al-amin.

We got into the car quietly and he started driving. I turned on the radio 'beautiful people by ed-sheeran was on.

The car was silent none of us said anything. I feel guilty for opening my big mouth and ruining a very beautiful evening but again I was just curious. And his answer doesn't help the fact that I'm curious who died?. He never had many friends and I knew most of them.
As we approached our houses I decided I couldn't let this night end like this. We got to my house and he parked at the gate looking at me
" Goodnight Laila. I had a great time"

"Al-amin I'm sorry about earlier I didn't mean to ruin a nice evening. I shouldn't have brought it up it's just that you've been so closed off since I got back and it's getting to me. That's the reason I pranked you. I want the old Al-amin back my best friend and....." I realised I was ranting again " I'm sorry I should go"

"Laila wait. I'm not upset not at all. I'm just not ready to tell you anything yet but I'll surely tell you when I'm ready" he said smiling sincerely at me "and don't worry I had an amazing time. Let's do this again she devil" I smiled back at him. With that he drove off and I walked into the house

I got into my room , showered before changing into my pj's and praying.

I hopped onto my bed so tired. I dozed off with a smile on my face and one thing on my mind get my best friend back.

_____✍️✍️

I woke up the next morning and my mom was knocking on my door. I stood up grumpily and opened the door for her.

"Laila bazaki tashi kije aiki ba ko" she shouted as soon as I opened my door

" Mama Ina kwana" I greeted her.

"Lafiya Lau my princess kodai jikin ne?"

"A'a mama I just decided to sleep in"

" Okay take your drugs and get ready for work and the driver is taking me out and your car has been taken for repairs. So call aysha or al-amin or any of your friends to take you to work."

I quickly hopped into the shower once mom left.

My phone chimed
Grumpy Gus calling...... I smiled. My Ride to work

I picked up. "hey grumpy, how are you this fine morning"

"Ermmmm....are you sure you are alright" I could imagine the look of confusion on his face.

"I've never been better darling" the line was silent for a while

"Okay tell me what you want me to do for you" he said I could here the smile in his voice.

I giggled " you know me so well. Will you take me to work please my bestest friend in the whole universe"

"Hmm I knew something was up when you called me darling. Okay get ready fast bazanzo in riqa jiran ki ba. I've forgotten what I called you to tell you so bye. I need to get ready for work"

He hung up. I squealed and jumped up putting my clothes in a haste. I wore a black material dress with a belt in the middle with black Loafers.

I took my bag and went Downstairs to have breakfast. Mom and Dad had already left for their work. I put some onion rings on my plate and pancakes with maple syrup and tea. I ate to my heart content before I got a call from al-amin saying he was outside. I went out and entered the car.

"You know you could have been a gentleman and open the door for me" I said the moment I got into the car.

" Good morning to you to Laila. How was your night" he said smirking

" Oh please don't play the manners card on me now abeg" I missed

" Oh the irony. She knows the word manners. Alhamdullilah" he exclaimed looking at me.

" Fyi I am a very well cultured and mannered girl"

" Hmm I see. Shall we?"

"Yes" we drove off talking or more like trying to annoy each other just like old times.

_______✍️✍️

This chapter was more on the cute side. Anyways hope you liked it.

I think this is my favorite chapter so far. Thanks to everyone who reads.

Vote + comment and share.

Love you guys❤️❤️