CH19| Fast forward

Dedicated to AfricanGoldClub love_richie

1 month later;

It has been a month since my fate with al-ameen and it has been a busy month. It is in this month that I launched my brand and well, it has been a success since the launch it has been growing from strength to strength. We have people walking into our shop on daily basis. We have sold out all our products in this one month twice and we had to restock.

Things with al-ameen have been great. We told each other we like one another are growing closer each and everyday. We are always taking on the phone or chatting with each other. We are taking things slow because both our parents are snooping into our business. They always want to know what we are doing or what is going on especially our mom's and let's not forget Aysha she is their informant. They bribe her to tell them everything.

It's 9:00am and I am getting ready to head out to my office. It feels so good to say that.

Today I have a meeting with some clients. They want us to design outfits for them for A wedding. I'll be designing the bride and bride maid's dresses and then they'll choose the materials they like and then we will make it for them. The Bride and her Mom aren't the easiest to work with. They both can't decide on what they want. It took us 10 days before they decided on the colour they wanted. And now I just hope they choose a design fast because I'm getting tired of them.

I Got into my office by 9:50 and khadija (the bride) and hajiya hanifa ( her mom) were already waiting for me. I was informed by my secretary that they just got here.

" Hey Mrs Hamid, Khadija good morning. Let's go in" I told them and we moved into my office. I sat down and they sat in front of me with the table separating us.

Hanan my assistant brought me my wedding dress design booklet, a sketch book and a pencil. So I can design a new dress for them if they don't like my other designs. Over the past few years I've had so many designs booklets as I always design clothes, shoes, bags, wedding dresses when I have nothing doing.
Hanan also brought the booklet for the bride's maid designs and a cup of tea for each of us and cookies.

" thank you dear. Please tell anyone that comes that I'm busy and I don't need disturbances" I said to her. She nodded and left.

"Good morning laila shall we begin" Mrs. Hamid said

I opened the bridesmaids booklet and we began seeing the designs.

" mama ni dai I like the top of the one in page 6 and the bottom of the one on page 3 and the hands and back of the one on page 25. And I want it in the fabrics I sent to you on WhatsApp"

" haba! Khadija wannan ai it doesn't make sense. I prefer the one on page fifteen. It has so much elegance and it is classy"

" but mama this is my wedding not yours. I'll have what I want"

" khadija don't disrespect me what I say goes"

They continued arguing. You see what I'm talking about. Its fraustrating I took what khadija said and began to sketch it as they were arguing it turned out super beautiful. Her idea was beyond amazing it looked so wonderful. Seeing the bridesmaids maid dress just gave me the perfect idea for the bride's dress. It was a flowing gown with lots of stones on it. It had a very long tail covered in beautiful shimmering stones.

" okay khadija I think you are right it's your wedding you should choose what you want and hajiya I think you should allow your daughter to choose what she wants for her wedding because it is her  big day she will remember it for the rest of her life and you don't want her to remember her wedding as a bad day because she didn't get to make her own choices" I said a little bit annoyed at her mom. Khadija's mom was just so pushy and domineering she wanted everything to be done her way. She needed to understand that this is her daughter's wedding and not her's