CH21| JEALOUS COUSINS= TROUBLE

1 week later;

I sat in on the couch in the living room watching " Moana" childish I know but I love cartoons. Today I'm having a free day to myself. I went to the saloon fixed my hair, I went for henna. Yess! I pampered myself today. I was enjoying my movie eating cupcakes, The door bell rang.

"Azima bude kofa" I shouted. Not wanting to be interrupted. I called her almost four times again before. I paused the movie and went to answer the door.

I opened the door and saw Aunty fauziya standing with non other than Nadiya and whom I assume is her mom.

I heard my mom coming down the stairs.

" ina wuni aunty" I said to aunty fauziya

" ina wuni" I greeted Nadiya's mum i assume.

" Laila ya kike. Ranan kin zo baki same mu ba" she said walking in. I closed the door after them.

"Eh! Aunty ance kun fita". They all sat down.

" Eh! Dinner aka yi inviting din mu. Ko da muka dawo kuma kin tafi"

"Al-ameen ne ma ya rako ta. Fauziya ya gida ya maigidan naki. Sannu hajiya inawuni" my mom said to Nadiya's mom. Bringing them a tray of snacks and drinks.

" kin ga na manta. Salima meet matar yayan Mijina Nazira and her daughter Nadiya. Nazira ga kawata Danike gaya miki. Da diyatta Laila my future daughter in law." She smiled hugging me closer.

"Nice to meet you my dear. Mashallah Ai kuwa gata kyakyawa. Saura mu sha biki" Nadiya's mum said smiling at me. She is such a nice woman. But I wouldn't say so for her daughter.

I blushed and bent my head down. I looked over at Nadiya and she was fuming. I guess she never told her mom she liked al-ameen oh! Poor her.

She glared at me. And hissed under breath. I only smiled wickedly at her.

"Laila ga kawa nayi miki. Nadiya kuje kuyi hira koh!" Aunty fauziya said. Oh! Poor aunty you have no clue what's going on.

I offered her a tight lipped smile. " let's go upstairs" I didn't even check if she was following me and rushed to the upstairs living room. I sat on the couch. I saw her seating on the other seat. I switched on the TV not bothering to acknowledge her presence.

" it's a shame you know. How desperately you are clinging to al-ameen when we all know he is all mine" she said with a cynical smile.

" yeah! I'm the one clinging to him. But then I am his girlfriend yeah! And not you"

" well just so you know my dear al-ameen has always been and always will be mine"

" oh! Puhlease. He doesn't even think you as anything but a sister. Too bad you are too desperate to notice. In yarinya ta ishe ni kuma in yi mata danbanzan duka anan inga mai shegen miki" I batted my eyelashes at her

" shegia kawaii. Ni kike threatening zaki yi ma duka? Ke Asuwa. You are just overshadowing him with your stupidity you little brat"

" atleast my stupidity attracted him. Unlike some people who are trying soooooo freaking hard to get him to atleast notice they like him. And by the way al-ameen isn't attracted to uncultured idiots like you" I was getting pretty much angry at her now. I mean how could she.

She looked as if she was going to burst.
She stood up abrutaly and walked over to me

" ke! Ki kiyayi bakin ki fa" she pointed her finger at me.

" Don't you dare point your finger at me you desperate nincompoop"

" wallahi mai hana ni raba ki dashi sai Allah" she said fuming in anger.

" my zuba mugani toh. ni da ke. Or do you think I am scared of your empty threats. What we share is way beyond any reasonable doubt" I huff in anger. This girl is really getting on my nerves now.

I stood, shoved her away and walked away to my room. I cannot stand her anymore.

I was so angry. Why did she have to come into our lives now when we are just starting to build a relationship. I really like him and am not giving him up for some stupid fool who cannot tell her left from her right. She might think she is smart but I'm going to beat her at her own game. I smirked.

I walked back to the living room to pick up my phone. I saw her talking on the phone with al-ameen I assume.

She was sniffing as if she was crying but she wasn't she was pretending.

" al- ameen I don't know what I did to her. She just started insulting me calling me names. She said I'm trying to snatch you away from her. I mean no harm fa al-ameen I'm just trying to be her friend" she smiled and winked at me. The nerve of her.

"Okay, okay I'll try she said and cut the call.
" let me see how you will get yourself out of this one. This is just the beginning my dear. Watch out for me."

I didn't say anything to her. My phone rang it was Al-ameen calling.

" Goodluck with that phone call darling" she said laughing.

I walked back into my room and Locked the door.

What she doesn't know is that I voice recorded our conversation earlier. And our conversation now I am going to deal with her.

I picked up the call.

"Babydoll we talked about Nadiya and I told she is just my cousin nothing more. Why did you have to insult her" he said raising his voice slightly

"Well hello to you too al-ameen how was your day?"

"That's is not what I called you for babydoll why would you do that"

"Al-ameen atleast listen to my side of the story before jumping into conclusions. She is just trying to get between us"

"Laila when would you understand that she means no harm"

" I'm telling you she started calling me names and I wouldn't just sit there and watch her. She is a two faced hypocrite"

"LAILA! I do not want to drag this issue more than it should go" he shouted my name okay, he is angry

" al-ameen you don't trust me. Please believe me I'm saying the truth" I whispered meekly. He doesn't believe me.

" well Nadiya has shown me no reason not to trust her"

" and I have al-ameen? I thought I could confide in you but I guess I was wrong and now you are using my worries against me"

" it's not like that babydoll"

" I get where I stand now al-ameen. Hope you have a goodday"

I cut the call. And sent him the voice notes. I threw my phone on the bed. I can't believe al-ameen chose to believe Nadiya over me. But I get it he has shown me where I stand. May be I had a little bit too much faith in what we had

_______✍✍✍

Soooooo.......... Don't kill me but this happened.

😫😫why Nadiya why oh why did you have to?

It's been a while. I've been so busy this did so bear with. But on the plus side I'll be updating tommorow too.

Vote,comment, follow and like.

XOXO love you guys🌼🌼

Stay safe🌸⚘🌹.

I want to thank you all for the 9k reads u really appreciate. I never thought my book will reach up to 9k reads. Thank you very much to everyone who has read this book so far. Thank you Thank you😍😘😘🥰