CH14| Tell me

Previous chapter;
"Let's talk now laila"

My heart skipped a beat

___________________________________

I looked him in the eye nodding my head urging him to start.

"I know it's been like what? Five years since you left for school and after you left we weren't in touch for almost three years until you came back"

"Well yeah that's true" I whispered wearily not sure If i was suppose to say anything.

" well the day before you left I told you I was going to meet someone special the next day it was all butterflies and Roses that night I slept happily. I was so excited for what was to come I had already prepared what to wear. I was so happy that night."

" stop stop. This letter is addressed to a lady right?"

" be patient laila I'm getting there and why on earth will I write a letter to a guy?"

" I don't know may be you swing both ways" I said raising my eyebrows suggestively

" I do not swing both ways why on earth will you think that. You have such a dirty mind and that's beside the point.shut up and let me talk"

" so I wrote this letter to this special girl that I've had feelings for for a while"

"Does this girl have a name"

" will you keep quiet and listen. Mutum sai surutun tsiya" he whispered sternly facepalming

"Yeah okay" I muttered lowly looking down like a child being scolded.

"I went to their house early in the morning to give the letter to her but when I got there I recieved the shock of my life. I wrote the letter to her because I felt it was more romantic. We were dating secretly for about a month. She would always be hell bent on me buying her a gift always the most expensive jewelry, new bags, new shoes and so on. I thought that was love but I should have known better. I wrote the letter to her as a Romantic gesture to ask her to make it official and let everyone know. I was seriously in love with her then or so I thought. But once I got to her house I found out she was cheating on me with my best friend.she was only using me for my money. She was dating my best friend at that time Usman if you can remember him. They betrayed me laila. That day I realized people are only around me for what I have not because they liked me. I mean she said it to my face" He looked broken and sad.

" But I am not with you because of what you have. But because I like you for who you are"

" I know laila I know and I appreciate that so much" he held my hands " I appreciate it soo much"

" Al-ameen you have to appreciate what you have now and forget about your past. You have me, your parents, my parents, Abdulrahman. You have us and we'll always be there for you. No matter what"

" thank you Laila"

" No thank you al-ameen for sharing this with me"

"After that I never really let anyone in again I was closed off. I only had one friend whom i trusted. Abdulrahman was the only one I trusted again. I learnt never to trust anyone anymore I believed if I let anyone in I will be betrayed. I might seem like such an idiot right now but what happened hurt me beyond words I know I shouldn't have let that dictate who I became but it did. I let it. I felt so betrayed and lost but I guess it's the burden i had to bear for being born with a silver spoon"

" don't think of it as a burden. If you let people in you would realise that not everyone is bad. There are good people out there who keep getting ruined by the bad ones just let go off the past and embrace the future be the al-ameen I know. The crazy one, the fun one, the one I would talk to about anything, the mischievous al-ameen that I would always prank me and tease me out of my mind. My shoulder to cry on, my best friend yet my worst enemy" I said all these looking straight into his eyes pleading, begging him to be who he was.

" I'm trying. Laila I am since you came back I've been trying so hard to get back on track I've started treating people better. I guess it's just a matter of time"

" I know you are trying. I know. Just try harder kaji " I held his hand tighter

He smiled at me. Wiping the tears threatening to drop from his eyes. " So forget I just poured my heart out to you"  he sniffed bumping his shoulders on mine

" oh I wouldn't forget easily darling. The great al-ameen isn't so great after all. He's all mushy inside"

"I'm so not mushy. I am fierce, bold and confident" he said doing different expressions with his face on every word.

" yeah well tell that to someone who hasn't just witnessed your heart pouring sessions"

" I'm sorry who is that. Hmmmm?" He said twisting my wrist

" ouch ouch, ouch. Not you, not you" I shouted jumping in pain.

" say al-ameen is fierce, bold, and sooo handsome"

" al-ameen is fierce, bold and soo handsome ahhh! Sake ni danallah" I shouted.

He released my hand "that's more like it. Now allow me to take a little nap before we go back home" he stood up and was walking towards the rooms

" but I need to be home before six. I have important things to do"

He stopped and snapped his neck at me " like?" He turned completely raising an eyebrow at me

" like stuff you know, stuff tah people do"

" you just don't want to be left alone yeah!

"Yes plus its inappropriate for us to be alone in this house for so long"

" you didn't seem to mind a minute ago"  he started walking towards me and I walked backwards until I hit the wall. He put his hands on either side of my body caging me. My heartbeat sped up. I can't handle such closeness.

" what?" He asked " do I make you nervous laila" he whispered close to my ear. I closed my eyes exhaled and pushed him away. I felt tingles in my stomach

" nope you don't make me nervous al-ameen don't flatter yourself" I said. Okay that was a complete lie he made me extremely nervous.
He just smirked and walked away. "Let's go I'm taking you home hajiya"

" so I've upgraded from she devil" I picked up my things walking out. Locking the door.

" yes you have. You earned it"

_________✍✍

Hello my lovely readers here's another chapter.

I feel so honoured. I have 3k reads words can't begin to Express how happy I feel. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I hope you enjoy this chapter it's my favourite so far.

Please vote🙏

Expect lots of updates. Cos I've got nothing else to do.

Stay home, read, stay safe.

May Allah heal all our Muslim brothers and sisters and protect us all.