CH18|DATE!

Laila's POV; back

Today is the date and what I can say is I don't know what to wear. I've been on my bed all morning just laying down. I have no idea what to do. I'm just in a wierd mood I'm not happy I am not sad I'm just meh!. I sighed deeply

"Laila you've been laying on that bed sighing all morning. What is wrong with you" aysha said

" Aysha I don't know"

" Are you nervous about the date?. If that's the case you can cancel or make up an excuse not to go"

"I'm not nervous aysha" I sat " the problem is I don't feel anything. I'm not happy not sad not nervous not excited not anxious"

" well you can start your day by getting up from that dang bed and taking a bath and then eating breakfast"

" okay. I'm going and I'm hungry so you have a point" I stood up and went into the bathroom to take a shower.

I felt better and refreshed after my shower and extremely hungry. I wore a simple yellow gown with sleeveless hands and a black head tie.

My food was already on the bed when I got out. Aysha went into the bathroom too after I came out to take a shower.

I was busy eating when I heard a knock on my door

" come in"

" ina kwana hajiya. Your mum is looking for you" Azima said and she stepped out.

" Aysha mama na kira na. I am going" I shouted so she won't look for me when she gets out.

I went to my mom's side and found her sitting on her bed pressing her phone.

" mama ina kwana" I said sitting beside her.

" Lafiya Laila. Ya kika tashi"

" Alhamdullilah mummy. Azima tace kina nema na"

" yes. The clothes we ordered for the shop and bags have been shipped. On Monday zasu iso so I need you to be there to receive them"

"Monday fa mummy?. But Thursday zanyi launching clothing line Dina and sunday makeup artist da tailors zasu gama and I have to be there besides sunday models Dina zasu iso daga Egypt"

"Toh barshi hajiyan business Aysha zata yi mun. Since I have another child I don't need you"

" haba! Mommy you know I wouldn't just ditch your work if I didn't have anything doing"

" I know my child. So A little birdie told me that you are going on a date with al-ameen this evening" she smiled at me

" Aysha told you. It's nothing serious just a date"

" He is a nice boy. You have my blessings" I blushed

" mommy we are not getting married it's just a date" I whispered

" I know laila. But i know you like him my dear I see it in your eyes besides I'm your mother I know. Soon my little laila will be getting married and I'll be a grandma"

" okay mommy you have a wild imagination. I don't think daddy would approve" I said in a tsk tsk tone

" oh! My dear your dad is not happy he asked to see him before you both leave"

" okay let me go and see him"

" yana kasa yana kallo ki kai mishi carrot juice dinshi sai ki kira mu aysha in zaki wuce"

" okay ma" I said and left for downstairs not forgetting to tell aysha to see my mum.

I got to the kitchen and prepared the carrot juice and took it to the living room in a glass cup placed in a cup holder.
Dad was sitted on the couch typing something on his laptop