CH13| Me? how?

It was a bright sunny day the birds were chirping, the sky was blue, the trees were green I woke up by 5:00 today. I didn't sleep well last night. I've been thinking of al-amin and what he said I can't wait for 12:00. I've been so anxious. We didn't talk after the party. I didn't even see him again. Ameerah and her husband dropped me home after the party and they left. My parents will be back tommorow so I don't have anything interrupting my meeting with him except work and that I am not going to today. So now I'm too eager and anxious.

I have a meeting with some of my dads clients since he is not around I have to be there to supervise. And the meeting is for one hour it starts by 10:30 and ends by 11:30 and i guess from the office to the hideout is about roughly a 25 minutes drive.

The hideout was somewhere our parents built for us in the outskirts if the city. We would go there to study and have fun or just to detach from the outside world for a bit. All our friends knew about the place and we would always hang out there but then everyone one after the other life dispersed us to different places to study.

By 9:00 I was all set and ready to leave but the only problem is I can't seem to find my car keys. I've searched every where I just couldn't find it. And all the drivers were on leave till my parents come back.

I called up one of the drivers who was thankfully very close and came to pick me up.

I got to the meeting on time thankfully.
The Russian clients were easy to handle. We finished off early and signed the deal to decorate and furnish their new hotel here in Nigeria which would be done by my dad's interior decorating company.

After signing the contract. They both stood up to leave.

" it was nice doing business with you Mr. Arstrov and Mr. Armstrong. We'll contact you when the project is starting"

"Thank you miss Laila it's our pleasure. We'll call you when the hotel is ready for furnishing" they left and I checked the time. It was 11:10. Waw it's getting late. I have to leave fast or else I won't make it to the hideout by 12.

I rushed out and hopped into the car. The driver had already brought the car to the entrance of the office.

"Where to ma'am?" He asked.

"To the old factory" i said to him.

He drove off. I let out an eaxhasperated sigh. I don't know why I'm in such a hurry I mean I can make al- ameen wait for me for as long as I want since he's the one who wants to talk to me.

I have so many questions to ask him. Why did he go out that day. Who did he write the letter for. Didn't he meet the person.

Maybe it's a girl. The thought of him being in love excites me. Maybe it's a girl he is in love with. It would be nice to meet a girl that he likes. We could be besties. We could torment him together.
I might just get a sister in law. Not literally a Sister-in-law but you get"Yipee. Oh! Happy thoughts!" I exclaimed. The driver glanced at me. He gave me a wierd look.

"We are here ma'am" he said still giving  me a wierd look. I smiled at him as I alighted the car.

I walked to the back of the factory. There was a footpath leading directly to the hideout. It was our parents old textile factory before they expanded and moved to a better location.

The hideout was just a two bedroom apartment with a living room and a kitchen attached to the living room. It was painted light blue and white. The living room was painted in different colours and some parts had graffiti on the wall. The whole place was a colourful paradise I designed myself.  Nothing has changed exfor a few things which change was inevitable to.

I walked over to the tree where our swing was hung. I saw the things we carved on the tree " A & L BFF's. I smiled and grazed my hand on it. We were s young and carefree then.

"Beautiful isn't it" I heard a voice behind me. I jumped and screamed in fear.

" Al-ameen never sneak up on me like that again. You almost gave me a heart attack"

"Sorry she devil" he whispered while rolling his eyes. " let's get inside its hit out here"

" okay" I said and followed him in. Nothing was changed in the living room it still remained the same. J sat down on my favourite spot. While he went into the kitchen to get us drinks. I wonder how this place is still near and the fridge is stocked with food. Does he come here often?

I took my coat off and went into the room. I walked into my closet and hopefully I had one maxi dress with long sleeves that still fits me and was absolutely clean.

I took a shower and changed into the dress and put my turban cap on before heading to the living room again.

" you showered" al-ameen  said

" you cooked" I answered

" yes I did and it's so yummy you'll lick your fingers off"

" I'll be the judge of that not you Mr. So sure" he chuckled and put some of the rice in my plate. It was jello rice and was extremely yummy.  He had good cooking skills.

" I can't believe I'm saying this but dudeeee this is amazing food"

" thank you senorita" he winked at me. I just laughed it off. Someone is flirty.

After eating the very delicious lunch we sat on the couch and watched a movie. After I won rock paper scissors. I got to choose the movie so we watched frozen 2.

After the movie he turned and looked at me

"Let's talk now laila"

My heart skipped a beat.

_____×××_______×××______×××______××_✍✍

I'm Backkkk!

It's been a while I know I'm sorry for ghosting. Here's an update.

I want to speciall thank everyone for reading commenting and voting.  Thank you so much I really appreciate.
2k reads woww 🤯😘😘 I never expected this. Thanks for your support and love

I think I'm getting a bit attached to my characters now idk why.
Xoxo love you guys