9| The concert

Soundtrack: Waltz No.2 in C sharp Major Op.64 by Chopin and Comptine d'un autre été, l'après-midi by Yann Tiersen

Finally, after almost a month of horrible weather and cold evenings, the hot temperature had come back to Paris, to the delight of its inhabitants and the numerous tourists that roamed the city.

The atmosphere was divine, one of those serene evenings where the warm breeze smelled of roses and lavender. The sky was already pink and mauve, a gradient of magenta and amethyst clouds slowly making their way above the Eiffel tower. Absolutely everyone was outside, restaurants and terraces filled with joyous laughs. Really, the evening was delightful.

Yoongi was standing on the sidewalk outside the opera house and gazed at the hues of the heavens meeting the skyline of the metropolitan. The building was on the side of the Seine, the river crossing the city, and the lights of the streetlamps reflected in the water as boats slowly passed by, the Eiffel tower standing proudly in the background. The leaves of the trees slowly swayed in the wind, the ruffling sound mixing with the singing of the cicadas.

It was in moments like these the pianist remembered why he had fallen in love with the city in the first place. The scenery was spectacular.

"I missed this," exhaled Taehyung as he gazed towards where Yoongi was looking, "Germany was great! Berlin is both so modern and historical at the same time, but nothing can beat the elegance of Paris."

Yoongi didn't answer, his eye lost at the exact point where the orange horizon kissed the shadows of church steeples and old buildings that contrasted against the sky.

"There is a reason why Paris is the city of love," continued Taehyung, "People fall for the city and then it gives them the impression that they actually love the person they discovered it with."

Yoongi chuckled.

"You sound bitter, my friend."

He looked over his tall figure. That night Taehyung was wearing a grey blazer matching with the pants, his white shirt unbuttoned a little too low.

Their conversation was cut short when a car stopped in front of them and a laughing Hoseok came out. The man was howling, tears of amusement coming down his cheeks as he gave his keys to the valet. Victoria came out of the passenger door, also giggling like a schoolgirl.

The manager lowered his arm around her shoulders when she walked up to him. He took one look at her and started to laugh further, his body leaning against the girl like he couldn't even support himself anymore.

This image made Taehyung smile and Yoongi frown as both wondered what was so funny. Hoseok finally noticed his friends and pulled Victoria to them, still wiping the tears off of his cheeks.

The girl was wearing a vintage round neck silk little black dress, her hair pinned in a low bun. She looked effortlessly good, her expressive eyes accented by the dark eyeliner and her long tanned legs revealed in the sunset light. Her mascara had leaked because she had laughed too much and she fanned herself, clearly getting hot from her outburst.

Meanwhile, Hoseok was rocking a striped blue blazer with the matching pants. He looked expensive, with the Rolex on his wrist and his numerous rings.

Yoongi wondered if he was underdressed with his white shirt, black tie and pants. At least Tehyung had convinced him to put his varnished shoes, which were uncomfortable, but more appropriate for the occasion than his usual sneakers.

Victoria and Hoseok kept looking at each other and giggle.

"What's the joke?" asked Taehyung.

The manager tried to swallow another laugh.