42| More

Soundtrack: Minerva by Akira Kosemura and 6 Studien in Kanonischer Form, op 56: No.1 Nicht zu schnell by Schumman

It was one of those "fuck it" moments, when everything felt a bit surreal and the exhilaration was so crude on their tongues, the whole ordeal felt like a dream. Yoongi, who possessed an acute sense of doom could only believe that all this joy wasn't free and that something, something might need to go wrong along the way to compensate for all the good that was suddenly barging in his life.

But maybe, just a tiny bit of himself thought that this was it, that all the worse was behind and that from then on, a bright path was ahead.

He was high on laughs and love, the oxytocin bubbling in his veins and making him so very happy, all he could do was breathe it as much as he could and hold Victoria's hand a bit tighter as she skipped around him.

Their last day in New York felt like a month to the man, who tried so hard to grasp every second of it, he ended-up with a sensory overload of New York experiences; the smell of sidewalk hot-dog carts and dead leaves mixing to the sound of the rain tapping against the asphalt and the touch of long violinist fingers grasping his wrists. It was raining hard, the fat droplets beading like pearls on Victoria's eyelashes and making pedestrians look down to the ground while the pianist's face stayed towards the sky, licking the rain on his lips and feeling it soak his hair down to his scalp, cold enough to have him shivering.

However, he was feeling nothing but warmth inside, his own personal sun orbiting around him in the form of a tall, bubbly girl that couldn't stop marveling at the most insignificant things. She was romanticizing New York like he had never thought possible, making even the ugly Time Square screens and noisy traffic seem like the most interesting, beautiful things in the world.

And really, he could only agree that everything she laid her eyes on was as brilliant as she made them be.

"We should eat some ice cream!" she suddenly yelled over the thunderstorm, pointing at a small shop in between fancy restaurants.

"In this weather? Don't you want a hot chocolate instead?"

"I'll pay for you," she said with the largest smile and she was already running over there and ordering for the both of them.

"Look, I can spoil you too," she said, handing him a cup after a few minutes.

"Damn right you can. Looks good, what is it? Chocolate?"

"Sesame sorbet. Old school, just like you," she said with a giggle.

"Ha. ha. very funny," he muttered, "And you, what did you get?"

"Grapefruit."

"Grapefruit? Let me taste..."

He was already aiming his spoon towards her cup, but she warded it off with her own like it was a sword, pushing his away.

"Not like that..."

She left the shop, walking outside and running under the marquee of a nearby theater, Yoongi following behind and trying to protect his ice cream from the rain with both his hands. The deluge was still ongoing, gutters overflowing and creating gigantic puddles in the cracked cement.

The pianist coughed, looking around the deserted Time Square and the impressive lightnings flashing through the sky. Almost immediately after, loud thunder resonated to their left, the crash so close Victoria jumped in surprise.

"Holy shit, that one fell close by, is it even safe to be out here?" he spoke out loud.

He was drowning in his soaked clothes, so heavy with rain despite his raincoat, he knew it had infiltrated every layer of material.