12| Thin ice

Soundtrack: Scheherazade, Op 35: II. The story of the Kalendar Prince by Rimski-Korsakov

"I may have possibly done a bad thing," said Yoongi to Taehyung.

They were in the middle of a grocery store, trying to get the necessary ingredients to have a real Korean barbecue. Taehyung was feeling rather bleak, his hand healing even more slowly than expected, and the pianist had decided to make one of his favourite dishes to lighten his mood.

Yoongi hadn't seen Victoria for a whole week now, and was pretty much constantly thinking about her, which was almost getting annoying. He had managed to keep the recent developments between them a secret from Hoseok, which had already been an achievement, but now that their first practise since the Sorbonne was the next evening, all he wanted to do was to talk about it to someone. Because Taehyung was around, he was the one to hear the story.

"What did you do again?" asked Taehyung with furrowed brows, distracted from reading the ingredients of a box of cereal.

"I kissed Victoria... I did that thing you told me not to."

The violinist's eyes shot open.

"What the fuck man! Why would you do that? The girl is 18!" he immediately scolded, looking almost angry as he glared at him.

Yoongi raked his hand through his hair.

"Well... she is legal"

"Barely!"

"Are you really going to make a fuss about it?"

"You just told me you kissed your eighteen-years-old duet partner that is still in high school. Can you at least explain to me why you thought that was a good idea?"

Yoongi put an index on his mouth, showing to Taehyung that he shouldn't talk this loud in a public space about such things.

"I – I wanted to okay!" he whispered, "I don't know. She was there, and she was upset and..."

"you can't keep it in your pants?" cut Taehyung.

"She's Victoria!" Yoongi sighed. "She makes me remember how it felt when I just started playing and everything was new and exciting. She's really cute, and sexy, and I know she's young, and it's weird, but damn I've been fighting it for weeks. I'm not just trying to get laid. She's perfect," the pianist continued.

Taehyung put his hands over his face and groaned.

"You just had a scandal! You really want another one?" he spoke, "Damn, I knew I should have come to the Sorbonne competition! Stupid hospital treatments that took me all day! And how did she react when you kissed her?" he asked, crossing his arms on his chest.

"She was into it. She said she wanted me to kiss her."

Taehyung closed his eyes and sighed, looking exasperated by his friend's behaviour. He brutally threw a box of canned corn in their shopping cart before starting to push it through the alley.

"This is bad. You need to fix it!"

"How?"

"I don't know! Tell her you're sorry and it will never happen again, that she needs to find a nice guy her own age."

Yoongi sent him a sorry look.

"I kind of want it to happen again."

Taehyung shook his head in disapproval.

"You're aware that she has the biggest crush on you right?"

"What? She told you that?"

The way Yoongi's eyes widened hopefully made Taehyung cringe.