10| Padlocks

Soundtrack: Everybody Wants to Rule the World by Tears for Fears

There wasn't usually a whole buffet and hundreds of alcohol bottles at the exit of regular classical concerts, but this was the Premiere of the show, and visibly, the company that produced the recital had made an effort to ensure the audience would be a little tipsy before they got home.

Red wine, white wine, rosé, everything was there, the bottles aligned like soldiers on the large tables, served by an army of bored-looking waiters dressed in white. There were also plates of cheese and grapes, as well as fresh baguettes, still hot from the corner's bakery.

Bread, wine, and cheese, can it even get more French than this? Thought Yoongi as he looked at Taehyung drinking his umpteenth glass of red wine, laughing with Victoria and Hoseok.

And meanwhile, he was stuck in a corner with journalists tormenting him with questions.

Clearly it hadn't occurred to the pianist that going to the Premiere of a show also meant that the press and critics were going to be there.

"Alors, comment a été votre temps en réhabilitation?" asked a blonde lady, eyeing him up and down.

Yoongi pushed his hands in his pockets, wondering why Hoseok wasn't at his side at the moment. He was so much better than him at improvising and was usually the one taking care of unexpected interviews where the pianist didn't have the time to polish his answers. It was also pretty difficult to address questions when he had absolutely nothing to reveal. Hoseok had forbid him to talk about the Juilliard Sonata Competition, about the trial, about Victoria, about almost anything. The manager wanted to reveal the whole story in time, in a way that would impact positively the pianist's career, which meant that meanwhile, Yoongi was stuck with the job of stalling his eager audience.

"Hmm... my time in rehab was fine," he said, annoyed that the only questions they had come up with so far were questions about his scandal.

"Are you going to get back in the game soon? Is a new album coming up?"

Yoongi's gaze wandered to his friends, now cheering loudly with some blue cheese.

"Mr. Min?"

"Yes?"

The journalist, practically holding his recorder in Yoongi's face, looked back at Victoria, Hoseok and Taehyung, following the pianist's gaze.

"The girl you came to this concert with... who is she?"

Oh shit... how was he going to explain that?

"Are you two related?"

The pianist almost choked on his saliva. He felt a little offended that they saw black hair and slanted eyes and immediately assumed that him and Vitoria were related.

"No we are not," he claimed, a little too eagerly.

Fortunately, Hoseok had spotted from afar that he needed help and hastily joined the little crowd, getting to Yoongi by slightly pushing the few reporters that had him surrounded.

"I'm sorry everyone, but we need to get going, we have a tight schedule to follow."

They seemed to buy it even if it was Friday night, nodding as the manager grabbed Yoongi's sleeve to pull him out of there. Hoseok had that kind of effect on people; he just had to smile, say things, and people listened, nodding and smiling back in turn.

"Thank you," whispered Yoongi, thinking that his friend would be formidable as a political candidate.

Hoseok grinned. He was going to add something but was suddenly interrupted when a tall figure erupted right in front of him, making the two men freeze.