Chapter 1

One evening, Eliana was hanging out at her friends when she realized that it was getting late. "I need to get going." She said. "It's getting late and my mom's going to want me home."

"Ok." Her friend said.

"Goodbye." Eliana said.

"Bye Eliana." Her friend said. "See you soon."

Eliana put her coat on and walked out of the house. She headed to her own home. It was pretty dark as she walked home. She hadn't realized how dark it was. She should have left her friend's house earlier. Or she should of asked her friend's father to walk her home, but her house wasn't that far.

As Eliana continued to walk home, she started to hear crunching of leaves. She looked behind her, but didn't see anyone. She heard footsteps and started to walk faster. She still heard the footsteps. She looked over her shoulder, but still didn't see anything.

Just then, Eliana tripped over a root and fell. She quickly got up and started running again. She was grabbed by someone. She tried to scream, but the person was covering her mouth.

All of a sudden, she felt something in her neck. She started to scream again, but no one could hear her because the person was covering her mouth. The person brought her to a house and set her on a table.

Eliana continued to scream. She was in excruciating pain and felt like her entire body was on fire. She kept screaming that she wanted to die.

Three days went by. Eliana had stopped screaming and she didn't feel like her body was on fire anymore.

After a few minutes, she opened her eyes and got off the table. She saw a mirror and went over to it. She meant to walk over to it, but instead got there in less than a second. She ended up hitting the wall. Eliana looked at herself in the mirror. She didn't really see anything different except that she had pale skin and red eyes. Someone cleared their throat behind her. Eliana turned around and saw three people standing there. Two guys and a woman. She noticed they had pale skin and red eyes, too. One of the guys was African American with dreadlocks. The other man was caucasian and had long blonde hair put up. The woman was caucasian as well and had fiery red hair.

"Who are you guys?" Eliana asked.

"I'm James." The blonde haired guy said. "This is Laurent and Victoria."

"What's your name?" Victoria asked.

"I'm not going to tell you." Eliana said. "I don't know you people."

"Answer her." James ordered. Eliana had a frightened look on her face from his tone.

"Eliana." She replied.

"Welcome to our coven, Eliana." Laurent said.

"What do you mean coven?" Eliana asked. "What happened to me?"

"I turned you into a vampire." James said.

Eliana's eyes widened in shock. She had heard about vampires from her father. As well as werewolves and witches. Her father was part of the church and would often lead hunts searching for supernatural creatures. But two years ago, he mysteriously disappeared after going out hunting. Eliana had been devastated as she was always very close to her father. She then realized that James was the one who attacked her.

"So, you're the one who attacked me." She asked him.

"Yes." James said.

"Why?" Eliana asked.

"Because I wanted to." James said. "Because I wanted you as my little pet. You have to do everything we tell you with no questions asked or talk back."

"So, you attacked me, turned me into a vampire, and are using me as your slave for your own amusement and entertainment?" Eliana asked.

"Essentially." James answered.

"What if I don't want to join your coven or be held captive against my will." Eliana said.

"Oh. You're staying." James said. "Because if you ever disobey one of us, I won't hesitate to hurt you. And if you ever run away, I will hunt you down and kill you." Eliana was terrified. "Do you understand me?" James asked. Eliana nodded. "Good girl." James said. "We'll show you to your room." James said. "Follow us."

Eliana followed, afraid of what would happen if she didn't. They came to small bedroom. There wasn't much in it, except for a small bed, a desk, a bookshelf, and a small closet.

"This is your room." James said. "The only time you will ever come out of your room is if one of us needs you. Understood?" Eliana nodded. "Good." James said. "We're leaving in the morning."

Eliana walked into the room and James closed it, locking it behind her. She wanted to cry, but no tears fell. She took a picture of her and her father, out of her pocket. She had started carrying it around with her, after he disappeared. "Daddy." Eliana said aloud to herself. "I need you." She sobbed the whole night.