Chapter 9

A few months went by. It was the middle of September. Eliana was in her room, getting ready for school. She changed into a light blue blouse with jeans and brown knee high boots. After she finished straightening her hair, she grabbed her bag and headed downstairs.

"Good morning, sweetheart." Carlisle greeted her.

"Morning Dad." Eliana said.

"Morning Elle." Alice said.

"Hey guys." Eliana said.

"Don't forget. I'm bringing Bella here for her birthday tonight." Edward said. Everyone nodded.

"I'll start getting ready after school." Alice said.

"Don't go overboard, Alice." Edward said. "It's just a small gathering with us and Bella."

"I won't." Alice said.

"Come on. Let's get going." Edward said. Eliana followed Edward and Alice outside. They got in Edward's car and headed to the school.

When they got there, they saw Bella talking with her friends. Eliana walked over to her and Eliana and Alice headed into the school.

As they headed to their lockers, Tyler came up to them. "Hey Eliana." He said. Eliana sighed. Ever since she started going to the school back in the spring, Tyler had continued to flirt with her and has asked her out multiple times. She had come up with polite excuses why she couldn't, but she was getting annoyed with his attempts. She turned to face him. "I was wondering if you wanted to go out sometime." Tyler said.

"No offense, Tyler." Eliana said. "I appreciate the flattery, but I'm not interested."

"Oh. Ok." Tyler said, before walking away. Alice looked at her.

"Not a word." Eliana said.

"I wasn't going to say anything." Alice said. They saw Bella and Edward walking down the hall. "Happy birthday, Bella!" Alice said as she hugged her.

"Shh." Bella said.

"Here." Alice said, handing Bella a gift. "I told you no gifts." Bella said.

"I already know you're going to love it." Alice said. "You're going to wear it tonight."

"I don't like parties." Bella said.

"It'll be fun." Alice said.

"Fine. I'll go." Bella said.

"Great." Alice said, smiling.

"Happy birthday, Bella." Eliana said.

"Thanks Ellie." Bella said. Ever since they met, Eliana and Bella had become somewhat friends. They all headed to their classes.

Later that afternoon, they were all sitting at a lunch table. "So, what did your parents get you for your birthday?" Eliana asked.

"They got a scrapbook and a camera for me to commemorate my senior year." Bella replied.

"That's cool." Eliana said.

"Let me take a picture of you guys." Bella said to Alice and Eliana, taking her camera out of her backpack. Alice and Elizabeth leaned into each other and smiled.

"Now let me take a picture of you and Edward." Alice said to Bella.

"Oh no." Bella said. "I'd rather take them than be in them."

"Oh come on, Bella." Edward said. "It's just one picture." Bella sighed and smiled as she leaned close to Edward. They looked at the camera and smiled as Alice took their picture.

That evening, Eliana was back to the house helping get ready for the party. Bella and Edward were upstairs, waiting for them to finish.

"I'm going to get them." Alice said as they finished setting up. Alice walked out of the room and was back a minute later.

Eliana stood next to her father and Esme, watching Alice lead Bella and Edward downstairs. Everyone said happy birthday to her. "Time for presents." Alice said. Rosalie handed Bella a gift.

"It's a necklace." Rosalie said, before Bella could open it. "Alice picked it out."

"Thank you." Bella said.

"This is from me." Eliana said, handing her a small box. It was a bracelet that Alice helped her pick out.

"Thank you, Eliana." Bella said.

"This one's from Emmett." Alice said, handing her another one. Bella shook the box, which was empty.

"Already installed it in your truck." Emmett said. "It's a nice sound system for that piece of junk."

"Hey, don't hate the truck." Bella said.

"Open Esme and Carlisle's next." Alice said as she handed Bella an envelope.

"Just a little something to brighten your day." Carlisle said.

"You've been looking a little pale lately." Esme said.

As Bella opened the envelope, she cut her finger. Everyone froze and looked at Eliana and Jasper. Eliana felt the hunger grow in her throat. She growled and lunged at Bella just as Edward pushed Bella into the wall.

Carlisle held Eliana back. "Hey, it's ok." Carlisle assured her. "Calm down." Eliana saw that Emmett was holding Jasper back.

Alice went over to them. "Hey, it's ok Jazz." She said. "It's just a little...blood." They all saw Bella's arm bleeding. Carlisle rushed over to her. Eliana tried to lunge at Bella again, but was held back. She saw that Esme had taken Carlisle's place of holding her back.

"Get Eliana and Jasper out of here." Carlisle said. Esme led Eliana outside.

Eliana walked into the woods. She could feel the venom in her eyes, as if she was going to cry.

A few hours later, it was sometime during the middle of the night. Eliana was sitting on a stump, when she heard footsteps. She looked up and saw her father, standing there. "Are you ok?" He asked as he sat next to her.

"I'm so sorry, Daddy." Eliana said as she started to dry sob. "I didn't mean to do that."

"Hey. It's ok." Carlisle said, comforting his daughter. "It was just an accident."

"Is Bella ok?" Eliana asked.

"She's fine." Carlisle said. "Now. Go pack."

"Why?" Eliana asked.

"Edward thinks we should move because it's too dangerous to be around Bella." Carlisle said. "Most of the family agreed. We're leaving as soon as everyone is packed. Edward is staying back to say goodbye to Bella."

"I need to apologize to her." Eliana said. "And I want to say goodbye to her."

"Edward will tell her that you're sorry about what happened and can say goodbye for you." Carlisle said. "Come on." Eliana stood up and walked back to the house.