Chapter 6

Eliana was sitting in a hospital waiting room in Phoenix with the rest of the Cullens. They had all introduced themselves and she introduced herself to them. "Are you ok?" Carlisle asked. "You don't look so good."

"I'm really weak." Eliana said. "James rarely ever let me have any blood."

"We'll see about getting you some blood when we get back to Forks." Carlisle said. Eliana nodded.

After a little bit, they all headed back to Forks. Except for Edward, who stayed with Bella. Eliana rode in the backseat of a black Mercedes with her father and his wife, Esme. The ride back was silent, although she could feel her father's eyes on her through the rear view mirror. After a few hours, they arrived in Forks.

"Do you mind if I take a look at how bad James hurt you?" Carlisle asked, after they walked into the house. Eliana nodded. "Ok." Carlisle said. "We can go up to my office."

Eliana followed her father up to the third floor and walked into a room behind him. The room wasn't too big, but it was big enough to fit a desk, a filing cabinet, a couch, and some kind of bed. She noticed a lot of medical stuff in the room too, so she guessed he was a doctor. Which that didn't really surprise her. She remembered the type of person he was as a human, so she wasn't surprised that her father was doing something where he was helping people.

"So, you're a doctor?" Eliana asked as she sat on the bed.

"Yes." Carlisle said.

"Doesn't surprise me." Eliana said.

"Why not?" Carlisle asked.

"It may have been awhile, but I still remember the person you were as human. You were always such a caring person." Eliana said. "So no, it doesn't surprise me that you're doing something that helps people." That was the best thing she loved about her father that he so caring and compassionate. Carlisle smiled at her. They were both quiet as he examined her and looked her over.

"Are you hurt anywhere else besides your face and arms?" Carlisle asked.

"My abdomen." Eliana said, lifting up her shirt.

"It'll take awhile for these to disappear, but they will go away." Carlisle said.

"Ok." Eliana said.

"Did he hurt you any other time besides the ballet studio?" Carlisle asked.

"When we were in Forks following Bella's scent." Eliana said. "When he figured out that she wasn't in Forks, he wanted to go to Phoenix. I disobeyed him by not wanting to go. I used my gift on him and ran away from him. He caught up to me and started hitting me."

"I'm so sorry, Eliana." Carlisle said.

Eliana nodded. "Can I ask you something?" She asked as she got off the table.

"Go ahead." Carlisle said.

"If you're a doctor, how are you able to be around blood all the time?" Eliana asked.

Carlisle smiled at her. "I spent the most of two decades isolating myself from humans and getting my thirst under control." Carlisle said. "It doesn't bother me anymore. By now, I can be around it and it doesn't faze me." Eliana nodded.

"I missed you so much, Daddy." She said, hugging her father.

"I missed you too, baby girl." Carlisle said, hugging her back.

The two of them headed downstairs and Eliana went into the living room, where everyone else was. They all looked at her as she walked in. She didn't say anything and sat on the couch.