Chapter 12

A couple months went by. Eliana was sitting in the living room with Alice. The rest of them were out hunting. All of a sudden, Alice gasped. Eliana knew that she had a vision. "What did you see, Alice?" She asked.

"I had a vision of Bella." Alice said.

"I thought Edward said to stop looking into her future." Eliana said.

"She's my friend and I care about her." Alice said. "I can't just stop."

"So, what did you see?" Elizabeth asked.

"Bella jumping off a cliff." Alice said as she headed upstairs. "I'm going back to Forks to see if she's ok."

"Well, I'm going with you." Eliana said.

"No." Alice said. "I'm going alone."

"Bella's my friend too." Eliana said.

"If Carlisle comes home and sees that you're not here, he's going to think that you were taken again." Alice said.

"Then, we'll leave a note or a voicemail." Eliana said. "But, I'm going with you."

"Alright." Alice said. "You pack a bag and I'll leave a note." Eliana nodded and walked into her room to pack a bag. When she finished, she headed downstairs. "Let's go." Alice said. They walked outside and got in Carlisle's car. Alice started driving.

A few hours later, they arrived at the Swan residence. Alice parked across the street. They got out of the car and walked up to the house. There weren't any cars and the house was dark. It didn't look like Bella or Charlie was home. The door was unlocked, so they waited inside. It was only a few minutes before they heard something. Eliana looked outside. "It's Bella and some guy." She said to Alice.

Just then, Bella came into the house. She turned the lights on and saw Alice and Eliana. "Eliana! Alice!" She exclaimed, hugging them both.

"Bella." Eliana said, hugging Bella back.

"Would you like to tell me how you're alive?" Alice asked.

"What do you mean?" Bella asked.

"I saw you jump off a cliff." Alice said. "Why would you try to kill yourself? What about Charlie?"

"I didn't try to kill myself." Bella said. "I was cliff diving, recreationally."

"I have never met anyone more prone to life-threatening idiocy." Eliana said.

"Did you tell him?" Bella asked.

"No. He only calls every few months." Alice said. "He said he wants to be alone." They were all quiet for a minute.

"Bella, what is that awful wet dog smell?" Eliana asked.

"Oh um. That's Jacob." Bella said.

"Who's Jacob?" Alice asked.

"He's a werewolf." Bella said.

Eliana looked a little shocked. She had never heard of werewolves. She only thought that vampires existed.

"Werewolves are not good company to keep." Alice said.

"Speak for yourself." Someone said. They all turned around and saw Jacob standing there.

"I thought you couldn't protect me here?" Bella asked.

"I guess I don't care." Jacob said.

"Well, we aren't going to hurt her." Eliana said.

"No, but the other vampire will." Jacob said.

"What other vampire?" Alice asked.

"Victoria." Bella said. "She's back."

"Victoria's here?" Eliana asked, getting a little freaked out.

"Not anymore." Jacob said. "But, I'm sure she'll be back." Alice petted Eliana's hair to calm her.

"I didn't see her." Alice said. "Wait, I didn't see you get pulled out of the water." She looked at Jacob. "I can't see past you and your mutts." Alice said.

"Don't test me." Jacob said.

"Jake, just go." Bella said. "I'm fine." Jacob sighed, but didn't leave.

"We'll let you guys talk." Alice said. Eliana and Alice waited outside. "Relax, Eliana." Alice said. "If Victoria comes here, you know we will protect you." Eliana nodded.

Just then, Alice gasped. The look on her face told them that she had a vision.

"Oh my god." Alice said.

"What did you see, Alice?" Eliana asked. Alice didn't answer and rushed into the house. Eliana followed.

"Bella. Bella, it's Edward." Alice said. "He thinks you're dead. Rosalie must've told him why I came here." Bella looked at Jacob.

"Why didn't you let me speak to him!" She asked him.

"He didn't ask for you." Jacob said.

"I don't care!" Bella said.

"Bella, he's going to the Volturi." Alice said. "He wants to die too." Eliana had heard about the Volturi. Her father had told her about them, when she saw the picture of him with the Volturi.

"We have to stop him." Bella said. Alice and Eliana headed outside and got in the car. They waited for Bella.

"Bella, wait." Jacob said as he and Bella came outside.

"I can't let him die because of me." Bella said as she got in the car.

"What about Charlie?" Jacob asked.

"I left him a note." Bella said.

"Don't go." Jacob said. "Please stay."

"I have to do this." Bella said. "Goodbye Jake." Bella said.

Jacob sighed and Alice sped off.

"So, werewolves are real too?" Eliana asked.

"Yes." Alice said.

"What did that boy mean when that if a Cullen was at Bella's house it was their territory?" Eliana asked.

"Before me and Jasper joined the family, they lived here in Fork during the late 1930s." Alice said. "They came across werewolves or shape shifters. Carlisle explained they were different from other vampires and made a treaty with the Chief. He can explain the treaty when we get back home." Eliana nodded.

As they headed to the airport, Alice's phone went off. She answered it. "Jazz, I'm fine." Alice said. They talked for a little bit. "I'll give her the phone." Alice said. She handed the phone to Eliana. "Carlisle wants to talk to you."

Eliana took the phone from Alice. "Hello?" She said.

"Eliana." Carlisle said. "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine, Dad." Eliana said.

"I got worried when we came home from hunting and saw you were gone."

"We left a note." Eliana said.

"We saw the note." Carlisle said.

"I'm sorry." Eliana said. "I'm ok, though."

"The rest of us are moving back to Forks." Carlisle said.

"Ok." Eliana said. "I'll see you soon."

"Be careful." Carlisle said.

"I will." Eliana said before hanging up. She handed the phone back to Alice. They continued driving to the airport.