Chapter 14

A few hours later, the plane arrived in Port Angeles. When they got off the plane, they saw their family waiting for them. Eliana ran over to her father and hugged him.

"Thank god you're alright." Carlisle said, hugging her tightly.

"I'm fine." Eliana said. "I'm sorry I left, Dad."

"I'm not upset with you, Eliana." Carlisle said. "I'm just glad you're ok."

Eliana nodded. They all walked outside to the parking lot. Eliana got in her father's car with him and Esme. They headed back to Forks.

Later that night, everyone was back at the house. Just then, they heard Edward and Bella in the house.

"Hello Bella." Carlisle greeted them. "I'm assuming by the hour that this isn't a social visit."

"Yes." Bella said.

"What can we do for you?" Carlisle asked.

"I'd like to talk to everyone together." Bella said.

"Of course." Carlisle said. "Let's go in the other room." They headed into the dining room, where the rest of the family was waiting. Bella sat at the head of the table. "Go ahead, Bella." Carlisle said.

"You all know what I want." Bella started. "I'm hoping Alice and Eliana told you guys everything that happened in Volterra." Bella said.

"Yes, everything." Alice said.

"And the plane ride?" Bella asked.

"Yes." Eliana said.

"So, Alice told the Volturi that I would become one of you." Bella said. "And I'm sure that they'll send someone to make sure I am one, which I'm sure is something we want to avoid. I think it's only fair that we vote." Everyone nodded, understanding."So, vote yes or no on whether you want me and to become av vampire." Bella said. Everyone voted yes, except for Edward and Rosalie. "So Alice, where do you want to do this?" Alice's eyes widened.

"Bella, I don't think I'm ready for this." Alice said. "I need to prepare."

"But, you promised." Bella whined.

"I know, but I don't know how not to kill you." Alice said.

"Carlisle?" Bella asked, turning towards him.

"I can do it." Carlisle said. "You will be in no danger of me losing control."

"Sounds good." Bella said.

"Hold on." Edward said. "We don't need to do it right now."

"There's no reason for it not to be now." Bella said.

"What about Charlie?" Edward asked. " I think you should wait until after graduation."

"I think that's reasonable and fair, Bella." Carlisle said.

"Fine." Bella said.

"I'll take you home." Edward said.

The next day, everyone was hanging out in one of the living rooms. Bella was with them. Eliana noticed Jasper staring her. "What?" She said.

"You seem really afraid of something." Jasper said. Everyone looked at Eliana.

"What are you afraid of?" Carlisle asked. Eliana looked down at her lap, not saying anything. Since they had gotten back, she had been thinking about Victoria.

"What does Victoria have to do with anything?" Edward asked.

"Eliana, I already told you that we would protect you from Victoria." Alice said.

"What are you guys talking about?" Emmett asked. Alice and Eliana looked at Bella to explain.

"Victoria's been coming around Forks." Bella said. "I get why I'm scared, but why are you scared, Eliana?"

"I'm scared of getting taken again." Eliana said.

"What do you mean?" Bella asked.

"Apparently, we didn't kill James in the ballet studio a year ago." Carlisle explained. "We found out that he was still alive when he and Victoria kidnapped Eliana while we were in New York."

"When did this happen?" Edward asked.

"Two months after we moved to New York." Rosalie answered.

"Why didn't you guys tell me?" Edward asked. "I would've helped."

"We didn't want to bother you." Esme said.

"Eliana, I'm not going to let anything happen to you." Carlisle said. "I promise." Eliana nodded.

"Is James dead?" Bella asked.

"Yes." Alice said. "We made sure of that."

"Victoria ran off and we have no idea where Laurent is." Jasper said.

"Laurent's dead." Bella said.

"How do you know?" Esme asked.

"He came to Forks as a favor to Victoria. She wanted to know if I still protected by you guys." Bella said. "He was going to kill me himself, but then a bunch of shape shifters attacked him and killed him."

"I still can't believe werewolves exist too." Eliana said.

"I don't get how you didn't know about them." Alice said. "I mean Carlisle used to hunt them."

"He never told me about his hunting trips and I never asked." Eliana said. "Plus, a lot of the time, I was too young to understand." Alice nodded. Eliana looked at her father. "Speaking of. Alice told me that there's a treaty you need to explain to me." She said.

"The treaty that we made is that we stay on our side of the treaty border and as long we don't feed on humans, the wolves wouldn't expose us." Carlisle explained. Eliana nodded. After that, everyone continued to hang out in the living room.