Chapter 4

Eliana was speeding through the forest with James, Laurent, and Victoria. They stopped when a baseball came flying towards them. Laurent caught it and they headed in the direction the ball came from. When they got to an open field, they saw a group of vampires playing baseball. As they got closer to the group, Eliana's eyes widened in shock. Standing there was her father, who she thought was dead. He was staring at her with the same expression.

"Eliana?" Carlisle said.

"Daddy?" Elianna said.

Eliana could feel the venom in her eyes. If she was human, she surely would be crying. Despite thinking that he was dead after all these years, she had missed her father so much. She had always been really close to Carlisle. She was devastated when he had disappeared. Eliana stepped forward to give her father a hug, but James pulled her back. There was a low growl from Carlisle, seeing that.

"I believe this belongs to you." Laurent said as he threw the ball.

"Thank you." Carlisle said, catching it.

"I am Laurent." The man said. "And this is James and Victoria. And I see you already know Eliana."

"I'm Carlisle." Carlisle said. "This is my family."

"Hello." Laurent said.

"I'm afraid your hunting activities have caused something of a mess for us." Carlisle said.

"Our apologies." Laurent said. "We didn't realize the territory had been claimed."

"Yes well, we maintain a permanent residence nearby." Carlisle said.

"Well, we won't be a problem anymore." Laurent said. "We were just passing through."

"The humans were tracking us, but we led them east." Victoria said.

"Excellent." Carlisle said.

"So, could you use a couple more players?" Laurent asked. The Cullens were quiet. "Just one game?" Laurent said.

"Sure." Carlisle said. "Some of us were leaving. You can take their place." The wind blew as they turned.

"You brought a snack." James said. The Cullens jumped in front of Bella.

"She's human?" Laurent asked.

"The girl is with us." Carlisle said. "I think it would be best if you leave."

"I can see the game is over." Laurent said. "We'll go." Laurent, James, and Victoria started to walk away.

Eliana continued to stand there. She hadn't stopped staring at her father since they got to the field.

"Eliana!" James called. Eliana didn't move. "Get over here." James said as yanked her by the arm and dragged her away. Eliana looked back at her father with a sad look.

"Let go of her." Carlisle said

"That's not going to happen." James said.

"She's staying here." Carlisle said, speeding over to them. He took Eliana's hand. She willing went with him.

Again, James yanked Eliana by the arm. "I own her." He said. "She has to stay with us." He then threw Carlisle across the field before walking away, dragging Eliana with him.

"What did he mean by that?" She heard her father ask.

"James is holding her captive." Another guy, with bronze hair, said. "She has to do everything he says."

"Who is she?" A blonde haired girl asked.

"She's my daughter." Carlisle answered. "We need to get her away from them."

"We will, Carlisle." A woman with caramel colored hair said. Elianna stopped listening after that.

"I'm going after that human." James said.

"I'm not going with you. You two can go after the human, but I'm not " Laurent said. "I'm tired of your games, James and I'm not going to participate in them."

"Fine." James said.

"I'm going with Laurent." Eliana said.

"Oh no you're not. You're staying with me." James said. "I can't have you running off to Daddy. You know what will happen if you do." Eliana sighed.