Chapter 10

Two months went by. After they left Forks, they went to Rochester, New York. Everyone had started doing their own thing. Edward had gone to Brazil to be alone. Emmett and Rosalie were on a honeymoon in Africa. Jasper was attending Cornell university and Carlisle was a professor there. He also was working the night shift at the local hospital. Esme was restoring old homes. And Alice was trying to find out about her human life. Both Alice and Eliana were going to the high school together.

One day, everyone was in the living room. Eliana was working on homework. Jasper was reading a Civil War book. Carlisle was grading papers. Alice was shopping online. And Esme was working on redecorating one of the houses she was restoring.

All of a sudden, they noticed that Alice was having a vision.

"What did you see, Alice?" Jasper asked.

"It's hard to tell." Alice said.

"What do you mean?" Esme asked.

"I keep getting flashes of Eliana's future." Alice said.

"What does that mean?" Eliana asked.

"I'm not sure." Alice said. "This hasn't happened before."

"I guess we'll just need to keep an eye on Eliana." Carlisle said. Everyone nodded and went back to what they were doing.

Later that evening, Eliana was out in the forest. All day her family had been keeping an eye on her. Especially her father. Fortunately, with him at work, she was able to convince the rest of them to let her go hunting alone. She knew that if her father had been home, he wouldn't have let her go hunting without someone going with her.

As Eliana was hunting, she started to hear something. She stayed quiet and listened. She continued to hear a noise. She smelled a scent. It wasn't a scent she recognized, so it couldn't be someone from her family.

All of a sudden, Eliana was grabbed by someone. Before she could scream or use her gift, her eyes and mouthed were covered. She could feel the wind whipping by, so she knew it was a vampire that grabbed her. The vampire was stronger than her as she couldn't get out of their grasp. Eliana didn't know where the vampire was taking her, but she thought it couldn't be good.

A few hours later, the vampire stopped speeding. Eliana was forced into a chair. Her hands and feet were tied to the chair. Whatever the vampire used was strong enough that Eliana couldn't get out of them. The person took the gag out of her mouth.

"Whoever you are. I don't know why you took me, but you need to let me go right now." Eliana said.

"I can't do that." Eliana heard a woman say.

Eliana recognized the voice as Victoria's. "Victoria." She said.

"Hello Eliana." Victoria said.

"Take this blindfold off of me." Eliana said.

"Not going to happen." Victoria said. "Can't have you using your gift on me."

"Where are we?" Eliana asked.

"An abandoned building in Philadelphia." Victoria replied.

"Why did you take me?" Eliana asked.

"I did it as a favor." Victoria said.

"Why do you want me?" Eliana asked.

"I'm not the one who wants you." Victoria said.

"Then who does?" Eliana asked.

"That would be me." A male's voice answered.

Eliana gasped. She knew that voice. It was James.

Back in New York, it was early morning. Carlisle pulled into the driveway and walked into the house. After setting his stuff down, he went into the living room and found everyone in there. Except for his daughter. "Where's Eliana?" He asked. They were all quiet.

"Um. She's out hunting." Esme said, speaking up.

"Alone?" Carlisle asked.

"She's been out all night." Alice said. "She should of been back by now."

"What!" Carlisle said.

"I'll go search for her." Jasper said. He rushed out of the house. A few minutes later, Jasper came back. "She's gone." He said. "Her scent is vague, but I couldn't find her."

"Why did you let her go out alone?" Carlisle asked. "Especially after today."

"She said that she wouldn't be out long and that she wouldn't go far." Jasper said. "We thought she would be ok."

"We're sorry, Carlisle." Esme said.

"Carlisle, I'm sorry." Alice said. "I feel like this my fault and I scared her with the visions I had."

"It's ok, Alice." Carlisle said. They were quiet for a moment. "We have to find her." Carlisle said, panicking.

"We will." Esme said.

"Why don't we call Emmett and Rosalie." Jasper said. "See if they can come back home early and help us find Eliana

"I'll call them." Esme said as she picked up the phone.

"Should we call Edward?" Alice asked.

"No. Let's not bother him." Carlisle said.

"Rosalie and Emmett said they're on their way home." Esme said, hanging up the phone.

"Ok." Carlisle said. "We'll figure something out when they get home." Everyone nodded.

AN: In this fanfic, James did not die in the ballet studio. The Cullens think he did, but he didn't.