Chapter 13

A few hours later, they had arrived in Italy. Eliana followed Alice and Bella off the plane. She and Alice went into the bathroom, to conceal themselves from the sun, before going out of the airport. Alice looked around the parking lot. She found a yellow sports car with the keys in the ignition.

"We're stealing a car?" Eliana asked.

"We need a fast enough car." Alice said. Eliana sighed and got in the backseat. Alice started the car and sped off to Volterra. "They refused him." Alice said, all of a sudden.

"What?" Eliana and Bella asked.

"The Volturi refused him." Alice repeated.

"What's his plan now?" Eliana asked.

"He's going to expose himself." Alice said.

"When?" Bella asked.

"At noon." Alice said. "When the sun is at its highest."

"Alice, you have to hurry up." Bella said.

"Relax Bella." Alice said.

After a little bit, they arrived in the city of Volterra. Eliana saw everyone wearing red cloaks. "Why are they all wearing red?" Bella asked.

"St. Marcus Festival." Alice answered. Just then, Alice was stopped by a police officer. "Bella, you two minutes." Alice said.

"Where do I go?" Bella asked.

"Just follow the crowd." Alice said. Bella jumped out of the car and started running. Alice backed up and went a different way. They parked in a dark, secluded area, and got out of the car.

Eliana and Alice made their way to castle and walked inside. They saw Edward and Bella with two guys in black cloaks.

"Come on, guys." Alice said. "It's a festival. We wouldn't want to cause a scene now, would we."

"That's enough." A female said. Eliana saw a girl with blonde hair and wearing the same black cloak as the other two guys. She guessed the girl was young when she was turned because she was close to her age.

"Jane." Edward said.

"Aro sent me to get you guys." Jane said. "Follow me." They all followed Jane.

"I guess I shouldn't be surprised you're here, Alice." Edward said.

"It was my mistake." Alice said.

"I am surprised that you're here, Eliana." Edward said. "I wouldn't think Carlisle would let you come here."

"He didn't know about until after we left." Eliana said. "And I wanted to make sure Bella was ok." They came to a black hole, where there was a drop. Jane and one of the guys dropped down, with Alice and Eliana following.

"It's ok, Bella." Edward said. "Alice or Eliana will catch you."

"Alice? Ellie?" Bella asked.

"We're right here, Bella." Eliana said.

"Ready?" Edward asked.

"Drop her." Alice said. Edward let go of Bella and she fell down the hole, with Eliana catching her.

Once the rest of them jumped down, they continued walking. They came to a huge door and walked in. In the room were three men. Eliana knew that they were Aro, Marcus, and Caius, from her father telling her about them. There was also a boy who looked similar to Jane.

"Sister." The boy said. "I send you to get one and you bring back three. And a half."

"Isn't this wonderful." Aro said, getting up. "Bella is alive and all is well." He walked over to them and took Edward's hand.

"Her scent is strong." Aro said. "How can you stand to be near her?"

"It doesn't come without difficulty." Edward said. He looked at Bella. "Aro can read every thought a person has had."

"You're a mind reader, yourself." Aro said. "And yet, it seems you can't read her mind. I want to know if she's an exception to my gift as well." He looked at Bella. "May I?" Aro asked. Bella put her hand out and Aro took it. "Interesting." He said, after a minute. "I see nothing." He let her hand go. "I wonder if she's immune to all gifts." Aro said. "Shall we Jane."

"No." Edward said.

"Pain." Jane said. Just then, Edward stopped and groaned in pain.

"Stop, please." Bella begged.

"Jane." Aro said. Jane stopped. "Go ahead." Aro said.

"This may hurt." Jane said, looking at Bella. Everyone waited for Bella to be in pain, but nothing happened.

"Remarkable." Aro said, laughing. "She's immune to all our powers. What to do now."

"You know what you're going to do." Marcus said.

"She's a liability." Caius added.

"Yes." Aro said. "Felix." Felix started towards Bella, but Edward went after him and the two of them started to fight. Alice and Eliana cut in, but Demetri and Alec grabbed them and started fighting them.

Eliana looked Alec in the eyes and paralyzed him. He realized that he couldn't move. She smirked and pushed him into the wall. "Stop." Aro said. Everyone at him. Eliana noticed that he was looking directly at her. "What did you just do to Alec?" He asked, coming towards her.

"I paralyzed him." Eliana replied.

"What's your name, dear?" Aro asked.

"Eliana Cullen." Eliana said.

"And what is your gift?" Aro asked.

"Hypnotic vision." Eliana answered. "I can paralyze/stun someone by looking into their eyes."

"Remarkable." Aro commented.

"Carlisle won't allow it." Edward said.

"May I?" Aro asked as he put his hand out. Eliana just looked at it. "Unlike Edward, for me to hear someone's thoughts, I need physical contact." Aro explained. Eliana nodded and let Aro take her hand. After a minute, she saw Aro's eyes widened.

"Now you understand." Edward said.

"Yes. I do." Aro said.

"What is it?" Caius asked.

"Eliana is Carlisle's daughter from when he was human." Aro said. Everyone nodded. Felix went back to hurting Edward.

"Just stop, please." Bella begged him. "Let him go and kill me instead." Aro looked shocked.

"You would give up your life for one of us?" Aro asked. "A soulless monster."

"You don't know a thing about his soul." Bella said.

"He has no intention of turning you immortal." Aro said, going towards Bella to kill her.

"Wait." Alice said. "Bella will be one of us. I've seen it." She walked over to Aro and put her hand out. He took it.

"Very well." Aro said. "Felix, show them out." Felix walked towards the door with Alice, Bella, and Edward. Aro looked at Eliana. "Give my best to your father." Aro said.

Eliana nodded before they walked out of the room. They waited until dark before heading back to the airport.