Chapter 5

Eliana was still in the woods with James and Victoria. "Let's track them." James said. The three of them started speeding through the forest. They stopped when they came to a house. They could hear talking in the house.

"I have to go home." Bella said. 

"Home?" Charlie asked. "But your mom's not even in Phoenix."

"I'll call her on the way." Bella said.

"You don't have to leave for home right now." Charlie said. "Sleep on it and if you still want to go in the morning, I'll drive you to the airport myself."

"No, I want to drive. It'll give me time to think." Bella said. "If I get tired, I'll stop at a motel."

"Look, I know I'm not that much fun to be around." Charlie said. "But I can change that. We can do more stuff together."

"Like what, watching baseball games, going to the diner every night?" Bella asked. "Dad, that's you. That's not me."

"Come on, Bells." Charlie said. "I just got you back."

"Yeah and if I don't get out now, we're just going to be stuck here like mom was." Bella said, walking out of the house.

They saw her get in a truck and drive off. James and Eliana headed back into the woods, following the scent. The scent faded, so they stopped.

After a few minutes, they picked up the scent again. They ran after it. When they ran past a tree, James stopped.

"What?" Eliana asked.

"The scent isn't as strong as it was before. The girl isn't here." James said.

"How do you know?" Elianna asked.

"I just do." James said. "Come on. Let's meet up with Victoria."

They went to another part of the forest and met up with Victoria. "They were playing us." James said. "I'm going to after her. You stay here." Victoria nodded and sped off. "Let's go." James said as he started walking off.

Elianna didn't move. "No." She said.

"Excuse me?" James asked, turning around.

"I said no." Elianna said.

"Let's go." James said, more demanding.

Elianna looked into James eyes and stunned him. She then sped off, trying to get away from him. She knew she didn't have a lot of time because the stun only lasted a few seconds.

All of a sudden, she was stopped by James. "Get back here you stupid little girl." He said, grabbing her arm and pulling her towards him.

Elianna tried to get out of his grasp, but James was much stronger. Elianna was much weaker compared to any other vampire. Mainly because she didn't drink much blood. James started to hit Elianna, which caused cracks on her rock hard skin.

When he finished, there were cracks on her arms, abdomen, and face. "You knew what would happen if you ran and you did it anyway." James said. "If you ever run off again or stun me again, I will kill you. Do you understand me?" Elianna nodded. "Then let's go." James said.

"Where are we going?" Elianna asked.

"Phoenix." James said. "We'll get a car to drive there. It's faster than running." Elianna followed James, speeding through the forest. They came to a diner. James found a car that had its keys in the ignition. "Get in." James said. Elianna obeyed and got in the car.

"So, we're stealing a car?" Elianna said as they sped off.

"Don't question it." James said. Elianna stayed quiet. They drove past the Washington state line. It was going to awhile before they got to Phoenix.