Chapter 8

Two week swent by. Eliana was in the forest, hunting. The cracks on her face and neck had healed and her father told her that she was going to school. Eliana was really nervous because she had never been to an actual school before and he had her go hunting this morning, so her thirst would be under control.

After feeding on a couple of deer, Eliana headed back to the house. She walked into her room and saw an outfit laid out. No doubt, Alice picked an outfit for her. The outfit Alice picked out was a tan sleeveless dress with a grey sweater, white scarf, and tan shoes. All she did with her hair was put it in a simple braid. Once she finished getting ready, she picked up the backpack they got for her and headed downstairs.

"Good morning, Ellie Bear

"Good morning, Ellie Bear." Carlisle greeted her.

"That's a name I haven't heard in a very long time." Eliana said.

"Cute nickname." Rosalie said.

"My father gave me the nickname when I was little." Eliana said.

"I like it." Alice said.

"Thanks for picking out an outfit for me, Alice." Eliana said.

"You're welcome." Alice said.

"You guys ready to go?" Emmett asked.

"I'm still not sure about me going to school." Eliana said. "I mean, I've never been to school before."

"You need to blend in with the rest of us." Carlisle said.

"I know." Eliana said. "But what if I can't control my thirst."

"You'll be ok." Carlisle said.

"Eliana, I know what you're going through." Jasper said.

"What do you mean?" Eliana asked.

"Unlike my family, I was in a similar situation that you were in. I haven't been away from human blood as long as the rest of my family." Jasper explained. "Before I met Alice, I didn't know that there was any other way to get blood. I still have trouble with my thirst around humans."

"You'll be fine." Alice said. "You'll have us there with you."

"Come on. We have to get going before we're late." Rosalie said.

"Bye Dad." Eliana said.

"Bye sweetheart." Carlisle said. "You'll be ok. The kids will be there to help you." Eliana nodded. As she headed out of the house, her father stopped her. "Oh. Before I forget." Carlisle said. "Since your eyes aren't golden like ours yet, you need to wear contacts so people won't notice you're different."

"Ok." Eliana said. Carlisle handed her the contacts. Eliana looked in the mirror as she put them in. She walked out of the house and got in a grey Jeep.

When they got to the school, Emmett parked the Jeep and they all got out. Eliana saw Edward pull up with Bella.

"Come on." Rosalie said. "You need to get your schedule." She pulled Eliana into the school. Eliana walked into the administration office.