Chapter 7

A couple days went by. Eliana had been getting stronger with drinking blood. Other than when her father showed her how to hunt, she's been drinking human blood. Her father's been having her drink it to help heal the cracks quicker. Eliana was currently in the living room with her father and Esme. Alice, Jasper, Emmett, and Rosalie were out hunting and Edward was with Bella. They had gotten back from Phoenix the other day. Eliana was sitting at the table, writing in a journal. Alice and Rosalie had gotten it for her when they went shopping for her. She had always enjoyed writing ever since she was a little girl. Alice had been right, Eliana loved how they decorated her room.

"You still write?" Carlisle asked, looking over Eliana's shoulder.

"I never stopped." Eliana said. "It was my escape over the centuries."

"I'm glad you continued to write." Carlisle said. "I know how much you enjoyed it."

Writing was Eliana's favorite thing to do. She had been writing since was a little girl. Her father had been the one to encourage her to write. Eliana smiled at her father before going back to writing.

Just then, Edward and Bella walked in. Eliana saw that Bella had a boot on her ankle.

"Hello Bella." Esme greeted back. "Good to see you back home and that you're feeling better."

"Thanks Esme." Bella said.  She looked at Eliana. "I know we kinda already know each other, but I wanted to introduce myself properly." She said. "I'm Bella."

"Eliana." Eliana said.

"It's nice to meet you, Eliana." Bella said.

"You too." Eliana said. "I'm sorry what James did you and that I couldn't help you. I wanted to, but if I did he would of hurt me."

"It's ok." Bella said. "I get it. I wouldn't want him to hurt you because you decided to help me." Eliana nodded. "What happened to you?" Bella asked.

"This is what happens when a vampire gets hurt." Eliana said with a chuckle. "We aren't completely indestructible."

"James did that to you?" Bella asked. Eliana nodded. "I'm so sorry, Eliana." Bella said.

"It's ok." Eliana said. Edward and Bella walked out of the room and Eliana continued to write.

A little bit later, Eliana was still writing. She was the only one in the room. Her father and Esme had gone out hunting.

Just then, Bella came into the room. "Hey." Bella greeted her.

"Hey." Eliana said as she turned around to face Bella. "Where's Edward?"

"Went to hunt with Carlisle and Esme." Bella replied.

"So, it's just the two of us." Eliana said.

"Looks like it." Bella said. Eliana nodded. "Why aren't you out hunting with them?" Bella asked.

"My father has me drinking human blood so the cracks heal quicker." Eliana replied. Bella nodded, understanding.

"Do you mind if I ask what happened to you?" Bella asked. "Like how you were turned."

"I was walking home from a friends house one night in 1665." Eliana explained. "It was foolish of me to walk home alone when it was dark out. As I was walking home, I kept hearing something. I started to walk home quicker, but I could still hear the noise. Then, someone grabbed me. When I woke up, James and his coven were there. James told me he turned me into a vampire and I was his prisoner."

"Why did he want you?" Bella asked.

"I don't know." Eliana said. "I guess he was looking for anyone and I was just a young, naive girl." Bella nodded. "Don't take this wrong way, but how did Edward fall for you?" Eliana asked. "I mean, he's a vampire and you're a human."

"Honestly, I don't know." Bella said. "I've been trying to figure that out since we met." Eliana nodded. Just then, everyone came into the room.

Later that evening, Eliana was in one of the living rooms. Her father came into the room. "Hey." He said.

"Hey." Eliana said.

"I just wanted to make sure you were ok after everything that happened." Carlisle said.

"Yeah. I'm fine." Eliana said.

"Eliana, I can't tell you how sorry I am that you to deal with James for so long." Carlisle said.

"It's ok, Dad." Eliana said. "It's not like you would of been able to do anything." They were both quiet for a moment. "What happened to you?" Eliana asked. "I know you turned into a vampire, but how?"

"When I was leading one of the hunts, we came across a group of vampires in a sewer. They attacked and one of them bit me." Carlisle explained. "I never wanted to abandon you and your mother and I'm so sorry that I did. But, I had to. I didn't want to risk hurting you or your mother."

"It's ok, Dad." Eliana said. "I'm just glad I get to see you again. I never thought I would ever see you again."

"Me too, sweetheart." Carlisle said. "I love you so much."

"I love you too." Eliana said. She hugged her father and they enjoyed each other's company