Chapter 2 -You're Unique-

(Santana's POV)

I woke up the next day peacefully without my mother waking me up. I got up from my bed and went for a quick shower. Tonight is Cheerio's tryouts. 

I finished pulling my Cheerio's uniform when I started to hear giggles and laughing come from my window. I looked outside and saw a small blonde and a very tall, skinny blonde laughing and playing around in the backyard next door. When the older blonde turned around I saw her face. It was that girl that Ms Sylvester wants to join the Cheerios. I quickly closed my window, got my bag off my bed and hurried downstairs. I made myself a coffee and sat at the table. My father then walked down from the stairs minutes later. 

"Goodmorning, Mija," my dad said smiling. 

"Morning Papi," I smiled back, "The water is still hot if you want some coffee," 

"I'm good for now but thanks," he said.

I finished drinking my coffee as I heard two honks of a car. "That's Quinn. I got to go. Bye Papi," I said opening the door.

"Have a good day," he said waving to me as I walked outside and closed the door behind me. As at the same time the door next door opened and a tall blonde walked outside. She was wearing a striped top with a red love heart on it which was paired with black shorts with overalls. She has a weird style but it's cute. She turned and faced me and smiled, making my stomach to turn. I smiled back at her before she got on her bike and started to ride away. I turned back to reality and walked to Quinn's car. 

"Is that," Quinn began to say before I interrupted her.

"Yeah, it is," I said before getting in the car and Quinn began to drive off. 

We walked into the school and immediately started to curiously look around the hallways to see if I could see this blonde girl. 

"I have to go and meet with Puck. I'll talk to you later," Quinn said as I smiled.

I quickly rushed to my locker when I accidentally bumped into someone. I was about to say something bitchy but I stopped myself when I saw who it was, "Oh sorry," I said looking into the girl's eyes. She had crystal blue eyes like the ocean. 

"It's fine," she smiled. "Hey you live in the house next to me don't you?" she asked.

"Yeah, I saw you this morning," 

"I'm Brittany S. Pierce," she said putting her hand out for me to shake it. 

"Santana Lopez," I give her my hand as she shook it. 

"Nice to meet you," her smile grew which made me shiver. I stared at her for a while until I heard the bell go. 

"Well I better get to class, see you," we smiled at eachother, as I walked to my locker and she walked to Mr Figgins office. 

-End of the Day-

I started to walk back to my locker when I saw Brittany next to my locker. That must be her locker. Right next to mine. I began to smile I looked at her face and she looked really happy. I saw Karofsky and Azimio walk over to her with a slushie's in their hands. Shit. With one swift motion, they both threw the slushie into her face, "Welcome to McKinley loser," Azimio said as they both began to laugh. I looked back at Brittany and she was frozen still. I quickly ran over to her.

"Shit Brittany are you alright," I said grabbing her hand but she flinched, "Hey I promise I won't hurt you," I calmly said. I saw that she was crying as single tears began to drop from her eyes. I held out my pinkie for her. She slowly wrapped her pinkie around mine as I led her to the nearest bathroom. I turned on one of the sinks, I grabbed a paper towel and slowly wiped the slushie off her face. She then started to wash out the slushie from the ends of her hair. She wet a paper towel and started to wipe her top and shorts. When she finished she tossed the towels into the bin and sat on the floor. I sat down across from her. "Are you alright?" I asked her. She just nodded as she put her head in her keens. I started to boil up, "I swear I'm going to kill Karofky," I said furiously. She moved her chin onto her knee and looked up at me. She just smiled. I was about to talk but my phone started to ring. I looked at the ID. It was Quinn. "Give me a second, don't move," I said as she watched me get up and move out the door as I answered the call.