Chapter 5 -This is my friend Brittany-

(Santana's POV)

I woke up at 5:00 AM ready for Cheerio's practice. I was happier than usual. Surprising I was excited to go to practice today well because Brittany was going to be there. I quickly had a shower and put my Cheerio's outfit on. I grabbed my phone. Should I text Brittany? I found her contact and sent her a quick message.

 Should I text Brittany? I found her contact and sent her a quick message

I ran downstairs trying not to wake up my parents. I grabbed an oat bar from the cupboard and my bag from the floor and my car keys from the table. I walked outside and sat down on the step waiting for Brittany. I began to stare at the path leading up to the Pierce's front door where my eyes began to move up as I saw a silhouette at the door. Noticing that it was Brittany I stood up as we exchanged a glance. I saw that she was wearing her Cheerio's uniform that fit her perfectly. She noticed me and smile as I returned it. She walked down the path and over to my house. She then walked down the path of my house to meet me.

"Hey," I smiled at her.

"Morning," she replied. We stared into each other's eyes before I came back into the real whole.

"Uh. We should go," I said breaking our eye contact. She linked my pinkie with hers and smiled at me. We walked together to my garage before I opened it and unlocked my car. I let go of her hand as she walked over to the passenger seat and jumped in. I hesitated before I went to the driver's seat. I threw my bag into the backseat as Brittany did the same.

Halfway through the drive, Brittany spoke up, "Can I ask you a question?"

"Um, sure," I responded.

"Do you think the students in the Glee Club are going to like me?" she said beginning to fidget with her hands.

"Of course, Britt," I replied with a smile. If they don't, I'll beat them up. I smiled at the thought.

We arrive at the school with ten minutes to spare. I parked my car at the front of the school like I usually do before Cheerio's practice. We both got out of the car and I began to scan the car park for Quinn's car. Guessing she's not here yet. I looked over Brittany who had a frown on her face and a little crinkle in her forehead. She was scared.

I walked over to Brittany and linked her pinkie with mine like we always do, "Hey you'll be fine. If you need comfort just focus on me," I smiled repeating to her what I told her at Glee Club auditions yesterday. She gave me a half-smile back. We walked together to the gym and seconds later Quinn arrived with Coach Sylvester close behind her. Luckily Coach Sylvester was occupied with Becky that she didn't notice.

Quinn walked over to us, "Where the fuck have you been?" I whispered in an angry tone to Quinn.

Quinn shot an angry look at me, "I woke up late," she responded looking away.

"Let me guess Puck slept over at your house again and you had to get rid of him because of your parents," I smirked knowing the answer. She glared at me, "Knew it," I chuckled.