Chapter 12 -She's in love with you-

(Santana's POV)

-The Next Day- (Friday)

I woke up in the morning the next day by my alarm at 6:45 AM. I can't stay home today. I kept reading Brittany's last message she sent me last night. If you don't want to be friends anymore. I understand. My chest started to ache. I didn't want to hurt her. But I also needed to think about myself. Her happiness means everything to me, but I needed to be happy as well. Is that selfish? I dressed myself in my Cheerio's uniform and tied my hair into a high ponytail. I added some makeup to my face before grabbing my bag and headed downstairs. I fixed myself a small breakfast and ate it fast before heading out to my car. I drove out of my garage and stopped at Brittany's house. I hesitated before driving past her house and towards the school. My stomach tightened as I got further away from her house. Do I turn around? No, I need to keep my distance. When I arrived at the school, I got out with my bag and walked to the gym, ready for Cheerio practice. I was one of the first Cheerio there. I sat down on the floor and started to stretch. I began to hear someone walk towards me. I looked up and noticed Quinn and Brittany. Quinn kicked my leg and moved next to me. They both sat on the floor and started to stretch too. Brittany eyed me and smiled. I smiled back. I turned back to Quinn and glared. She just tilted her head.

"ALRIGHT. LET'S GO," Sue yelled from her table. We all stood up and walked in front of her.

After a hard practice, the three of us walked to the locker rooms. We all freshened up before heading to our lockers to get our books for our first class. My first class is Spanish. With Brittany. I eyed the side of my locker to see Brittany grabbing her book. She then made eye contact with me. I quickly looked back at my locker before closing it and walking away. I could feel tears start to fill my eyes, so I walked into the nearest bathroom that no one was in and locked myself in a cubical. I began to sob uncontrollably. I covered my mouth when I heard someone else walk into the bathroom. "San, are you alright?" my stomach turned when I heard who it was. Brittany.

"I'm fine," I sniffed.

"Are you sure?" she said in a light tone.

"I'm fine, Brittany, just- just, leave me alone. Please," I said.

"Okay. Sorry," I heard her say before she walked out of the bathroom. Once I heard the door close, I broke down again. This is why no one likes me. I push everyone away. I'm such a bitch. I walked out of the cubical and to the mirror. I wiped my eyes and fixed my makeup before walking back out and to my Spanish class. When I walked inside, I saw Brittany sitting next to a Cheerio. I tried not to look at her as I passed her and sat at usually seat at the back, which was behind her. I leaned my chin on my hand and waited for the class to start. Thank god I don't have any more classes with Brittany today. I really want to die.

Just before lunch, I met Quinn at my locker, "This is one of the worst days of my life," I leaned against my locker.

"Why?" Quinn asked me.

I glared at her, "Jee Quinn, I don't know. My best friend hates me, but above all that, I'm in love with my best friend," I eyed her.

"Sorry," Quinn muttered with an eye roll. "Come on, let's go to lunch," Quinn said, pulling on my arm. We walked together to the cafeteria. I scanned the area to see Brittany sitting at the Glee Club's table next to Artie. My stomach turned. She has the ability to do that for some reason. Quinn made her way to the same table.

"Wait, where are you going?" I grabbed her arm.

"To sit with our friends," Quinn said. She looked between me and the table. "Just sit next to me, okay," she said, grabbing my hand and pulling me over to the table. There were two extra seats next to Brittany and Mercedes. I went to sit next to Mercedes, but Quinn sat there instead. I eyed her. She tilted her head next to her, signing me to sit next to her and Brittany. I slowly sat down next to Brittany. We both smiled at each other before she turned back to talking to Artie.