Chapter 8 -You can do this-

(Santana's POV)

After we ate breakfast me and Brittany headed back to my house but I couldn't stop thinking about the tweet on the Muckraker's twitter. I know Dave gave them that false information. Brittany kept asking me if I was okay and I kept giving her the same answer. Yes. But really inside of me, the answer was. No.

Deep inside of me, I knew I had to do something about it before it got to compilated and more people started to know. What if my parents see the post? What would they think?

Me and Brittany were sitting on my bed together watching T.V. when Brittany spoke up, "I have an idea. If you're up to it," she said turning to me. Obviously knowing I wasn't paying attention to the movie anymore. I turned my head to so I was making eye contact with her. "What if you came out to the Glee Club," she mentioned looking down.

I rose my head. "Brittany," I said slowly.

"Wait just hear me out," she said looking up back. "The Glee Club is understanding, right? They would care. You at least need to give them a chance," she said. "You're like the awesomeness person I know. Just take a chance. I believe in you," she continued with a smile on her face.

I had a tear in my eye. I nodded and smiled. "Thank you," I said hugging Brittany. "You really are a genius you know," I said.

She pulled away from me, "No ones ever called me that," she said. Her blue eyes glistened by the sunline beaming from the window.

I smiled, "We'll get used to it, because you are," I mentioned as her face lit up. "I mean I could give them a chance. I could tell them. I mean they're fine with Kurt and Blaine," I said. I took a deep breath, "But first I think I need to tell my parents. I mean it's the right thing to do. Isn't it?" I asked her. She nodded. "But if you don't mind could you come with me. Just for like moral support."

"Of course," she said with a smile. "Do you know what you are going to say?" she asked me. I looked down and shook my head. "Okay. That's okay. You can practise of me, if that helps," Brittany said shifting her body on my bed.

Brittany helped me figure out what I was going to say to my parents. After a while, we decided to watch a movie while I waited for my parents to come home.

"Santana, where home," I heard my father yell from the door.

"I'm in my room be down in a second," I yelled back. Me and Brittany both got off the bed.

"Do you want me to go?" Brittany asked me.

I turned and face her, "Um, is it okay if you stay?" I asked. She nodded, "You can stay here. While I talk to them. If you want."

She smiled and nodded. Brittany wrapped her arms around my back and hugged me, "You've got this. I believe in you," she whispered in my ear making my body shiver. We pulled away at the same time and I began to walk to my bedroom door and opened it. I turned to Brittany one last time and flashed her a smile before walking out and downstairs to where my parents where. My mother was in the kitchen making dinner and I saw my father sitting on the couch, concentrating on the sports channel that was playing.

I took a deep breath, "Mami, Papi. I need to talk to about something important," I said. As they both turned their heads. My father turned off the T.V. and walked over to the table.

"Sure, sweetie, what do you want to talk about?" my mother smiled and walked over to the table.

We all sat at the table together as took another deep breath and began to talk. "There's something that I've been hiding for a long time and I think it's come to the point where I don't think I want to hide it anymore. And I feel like that if I don't tell you both I'll be lying not only to everyone but to myself as well," I paused waiting for them to say something but they didn't so I continued, "Mami, Papi. I'm gay," I looked at them and they still didn't say anything, "It's just a part of me that I can't change and I don't want to change. You know," I finally finished.