flightless bird

It was afternoon now and the summer haze had chased away the morning clouds, leaving a clear cerulean blanket across the sky.

The opened bay window provided invitation to the breeze, letting it travel through the room and caress the tussled pink locks on Yeosang's head.

The sun cast rays across the side of his face, on the birthmark that kissed his eye, and on his slender fingers that were delicately strumming a deep cherry wood acoustic guitar.

As if he was playing background music to accompany his divine presence, his hands brushed over the strings. The soft notes filled the air, in perfect harmony to the warm, mellifluous voice that sang along to lyrics he was rehearsing.

The room grew silent as he stopped playing to pick up his pencil, scribbling in his notebook.

Propping his leg back on the stool, he began again, "help me, it's like the walls are caving in, so-"

Another pause.

His annoyed gaze fell upon a pacing San who, to Yeo's dismay, was shuffling back and forth in a circle by the bed. His loud sighs every few minutes were driving him insane and he wanted him to stop.

Yeosang balled up a piece of paper and launched it at his head. It bounced off of the other's hair and rolled to the floor. Evidently that was not enough.

He continued walking undisturbed, stepping right on the wad without noticing it.

"SAN, are you going to keep doing that? You are being really distracting right now."

Snapping back to reality at the comment he directed his sight towards him, "Oh, my bad, I am just thinking. I was totally paying attention though."

Yeo narrowed his eyes in disbelief, " Oh yeah? What song was I singing then?"

San clasped his hands together in a matter-of-fact way and said with full confidence,

"Baby Shark."

A full minute could have passed by in the time it took Yeo to stop rolling his eyes at the answer.

"You really think I would sing baby shark for a gig audition?" He asked in bewilderment.

The other shrugged his shoulders and came over to sit in front of his feet, having to look up due to the height of the stool. He crossed his legs and gave a pitiful moan, "I just don't understand why my dad has to be so against me fighting."

He placed his guitar on the stand, clearly seeing that the conversation had shifted.

"He's such a damn hypocrite. It's like he just wants to be the only 'Choi' fighting champion in history. If his career didn't keep going like he wanted, shouldn't he let me keep the family legacy alive?"

"You know that has nothing to do with it San." Cotton candy strands shifted as he positioned himself on the floor as well, mimicking his body language. Their knees touched while he placed his fists under his chin, listening.

"If I could just get him to see that my fighting habits have changed then he could rethink his decision, go back to training me."

"You know I am on your side San. I will go head to head against anyone to have your back, but sometimes I think your dad is right. I can't deny you have progressed, but there are still times when I watch you in the pit and think how chilling the look in your eyes is."

"It's like you are possessed. They don't call you 'Choi SAtaN' for nothing man."

Now Yeosang had earned an eye roll. He knew his friend was right but he was determined he had been fixing that.

'The Pit' was an underground fighting club. Where professionals and hopeful wannabes could take their gloves off and show their raw and brutal strength in whatever way they chose. Devoid of any rules, the only thing you couldn't do was talk about it to anyone who didn't already know.

This was to keep the committee unaware of what was going on because it was against a sponsor's contract to fight outside of the arena.

San began fighting there after his dad stopped his training, due to an exceptionally brutal fight session he witnessed his son take part of.

A look of horror was set in Seunghyun's stone features after pulling him off of the other trainee.

When San had snapped out of his trance, regaining his focus, his dad had told him it was the last time he could ever step onto the mat. He's been cold to the topic ever since.

Burgundy strands fell into his eyes at the thought and he lowered his head. "I really have been working on that," he whispered.

Yeosang delicately reached for the other's forearm, pulling up his sleeve and revealing the various purple, yellow, and red shades of his bruises. Like a twilight sky touching the horizon.

"I believe you, but you have to work harder... The outcome shouldn't look this way." Pouty lips pressed a tiny kiss to his friend's wrist.

"Don't hate your dad, I am sure he is trying to protect you. Maybe more so to protect the other fighters from you," Yeo chuckled, proceeding cautiously with his next words, "especially after things with your mom..."

"Why is that my fault??" San retorted, lifting his head to lock eyes.

Hurt was blatant in his features and he began to push away from his touch.

"I am NOT saying it is your fault, I would never, and don't you dare blame yourself for that either. Just maybe try to understand how that affects everything," he offered.

"Okay, I'm sorry, let's change the subject," suggested San.

Agreement was met in silent nods and the boys went back to the rehearsal, which was the reason for San coming over in the first place.

"What's the name of this place you are auditioning for again?" He inquired.

"It's called Utopia."

San perked his head to the side, blinking wildly, "That really prestigious lounge with the club in it? Holy shit that's amazing."

"I know. So many big names frequent that place, including the lead producer of Illusion Music Group." Yeosang bounced in place, giddy at the thought of finally having his music heard.

San's pocket buzzed, signaling the arrival of a text message on his phone, the sender curious of his whereabouts.

Looking at his watch he gasped, frantically grabbing his things, "Oh shit I'm late for lessons!" He wailed running out of the door.

Yeo only giggled and picked up his guitar, he could finally concentrate, and began gracing the silence and street below with his beautiful melodies.

a/n every song I have listened to just doesn't do justice for Yeo rn, so I will probably add his song later in the story or when he meets other people (wink :D)

leggoo~~