lanterns and butterflies

Yeosang peered over the top of his comic, again, at Hyunjin who was furiously scribbling away at the notepad he had picked up. They had been sitting in silence in their cubicle, tucked in the pillows sitting opposite each other.

A thin blanket was covering both of their legs as the cafe was kept relatively cold in the summer.

When he couldn't take the anticipation anymore he closed his book with a clap, "Are you going to tell me what you're writing over there?" he pouted.

Hyunjin chuckled, not looking up from his pages, "Not until I'm finished," he replied.

Yeosang made popping noises with his lips as he waited, looking at the lights that lined the cubby walls and casting a glow. Hyunjin looked at him from behind the page, laughing at his obvious torture.

"Okaaayyyy, done. Wait...okay now. Done," Hyunjin finally said setting down his pencil.

Yeosang crawled over to his side and looked at the pad. When he finally saw what was on the paper he gasped, staring adoringly at the page.

It was a picture of him reading his comic with flowers in his hair. It was so well drawn that you could see all the curves and contours of his face, even his birthmark and the detail of every strand of his hair.

"This is beautiful," he whispered, touched by the drawing.

"Obviously not as handsome as the original, but I tried." Hyunjin said.

They looked up, realizing how close they had become in the moment. Nothing could be heard except for the sound of their breathing.

Yeosang froze, not moving as Hyunjin slowly leaned forward, his eyes moving to his mouth.

He closed his eyes and could feel the other moving in, shaking inside as he waited for the soft touch of Hyunjin's lips against his own.

After what felt like eternity and just as Yeosang swore he could almost taste the coffee on his breath Wooyoung popped his head into their cubicle with a loud shout, "I'm hungry!"

They startled, jumping apart and flushing, embarrassed.

"Oh, am I interrupting something?" Wooyoung asked wiggling his eyebrows suggestively while looking at the two.

Yeosang shouted a quick 'No' as Hyunjin narrowed his eyes and growled out a 'Yes'.

With the award of 'Worst timing in History' being bestowed upon Wooyoung, they collected their things and returned their trays before meeting out front and discussing dinner.

They decided on a chicken place, per Yeosang's adamant request, and took off as the sun began to set.

They spent dinner recollecting memories from San and Yeosang's childhood, each one trying to embarrass the other more with every story.

By the time they stepped out of the restaurant a slight breeze had picked up as the moon took it's post, shining down on the night. They walked back towards the park to sit in the grass, only to notice that the number of people along the river had grown. There were a lot more people sitting on blankets and standing around than they had seen earlier.

"I wonder what's going on," San asked, looking at the crowd.

A line of people were wrapped around a small stand that had a sign above it.

"Buy your lights for the Lantern Festival here," Yeosang read out.

"Oh! That's where they light all of the paper lanterns at once and they float through the air to light up the night," San exclaimed, "We should do it!"

Lend You Broken Parts {A Woosan Fic}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें