when they met

Now that the performance was over, San felt that maybe this was probably a better time to wolf whistle and applaud his friend. He stood up rushing to the stage, eyes now wide.

"Yeo that was fantastic! I told you that it would go well!"

Yeosang placed his hand on the back of his head, looking down at the ground. The tips of his ears were burning up.

"Ahh, I feel like I could have done a bit better. I was nervous so my pitch was a little shaky," he replied.

Seonghwa and the others had all stood up and made their way over to where San and Yeosang were huddled.

"Wait you mean to tell me that it gets better?" Seonghwa clapped, bouncing lightly on his toes.

"I think you're brilliant," a black haired boy softly spoke from the side. He had shuffled forward to extend a hand to a blushing Yeosang. "I'm Hyunjin."

San looked between the two, watching as Yeosang returned the handshake. His face had begun to heat up even more, now practically on fire.

Their hands stayed clasped long enough for the air to grow slightly awkward to the rest of the room.

Seonghwa softly cleared his throat and the two slightly jumped, letting go.

They finally broke eye contact and stepped apart, a rosy glow in both of their faces now.

He raised his eyebrows and chuckled, giving Hyunjin a knowing look and continued the greetings.

"Well like I mentioned before, I am Seonghwa, this is Wooyoung, Hyunjin, and Hongjoong, he continued, pointing at each person respectively.

Hongjoong gave a small wave. "I think your performance was really great."

One small hand was laced into Seonghwa's as he spoke, his long patterned shirt making the sleeves fall down over their connected hands.

Their attention moved to San, still eyeing his best friend who hadn't stop making shy glances in Hyunjin's direction.

He had seen that look only one other time on a crush that lasted for the better half of two years in 9th grade.

It ended with him not being able to confess, afraid of what his classmates would think about his romantic interest. He decided he didn't want to be the focus of any school bullies.

The boy eventually moved away without the slightest clue.

They sat in Yeo's bed the night he left, eating snacks and playing games while San cursed the world for putting standards and restraints on things like who you should love.

"Are you here for an audition too? My dad didn't say anything about another."

San pointed to himself in question, and then in realization he chuckled out, "Oh no, I just came here to support my best friend. I don't sing."

"My name is Choi San."

"Oh! Any chance you're related to Choi Jongho?"

San made a quizzical face at Hongjoong's question, "Jongho? I don't think so. Is he a friend or..."

Hongjoong continued, "Yeah he's a friend of ours, he fights nationally in mixed martial arts."

Before his sentence was given a chance to end, San immediately whipped his head between the two, "I fight nationally!!'

Yeosang raised an eyebrow at that.

"Well not officially, but I am training to get sponsored!"

Before Yeo could interject San quietly added on, "Kind of."