a heart to mend

As the end of August approached, balmy summer days gave way to breezy autumn nights that sent the wind whispering through the trees. 

Leaves danced along the ground in hues of golden brown and sunset orange, roaming the streets carelessly beneath the bustling feet that walked by.

Wooyoung stared across the table at the empty seat in front of him. He ran his fingers through his jet black hair as he looked around the rustic cafe that San suggested they meet at after his lessons.

He hadn't cut his hair too much when he dyed it so it was now just long enough to tuck behind his ear.

A pair of golden framed glasses with a short black rim on the top were falling down his nose. His torso donned a silk onyx button up that he had left the top three buttons unclasped for, exposing his chest. The ash gray plaid blazer he wore on top accentuated his shoulders making them more broad. 

Faded jeans hugged his thighs down to his ankles and were cuffed just above a short heeled pair of black buckled boots.

A bashful pair of watching eyes had been following his movements since he walked in. The barista behind the counter that they belonged to was preparing the drinks he had ordered with rose blushed cheeks.

Her curly hair was wrapped in a high ponytail with a few strands falling around her rounded face. Her soft smile turned her pink lips at the corner as she brought over a tray with two cream topped lattes and a fruit covered dessert. 

"Waiting for someone?" she asked as she sat the tray in front of him.

Wooyoung glanced up at the girl. She was very pretty but even if he wasn't taken, her 'shy girl in the bookstore' image was not his type.

He removed the items from the tray and placed them on the table before handing it back to her. 

"Is it your girlfriend?" She asked quickly before taking a step back. 

He slid the second drink across the small squared table without breaking their eye contact. San had been trying to defuse the ticking time bomb that was Woo's attitude and had instructed that if he felt he had nothing nice to say, not to say it at all.

Maybe it was her doe like expression that made her resolve seem so fragile but 'fuck off' just seemed too harsh, so he pursed his lips firmly.

When she realized he wasn't going to answer, her shoulders dropped on her tiny frame and she walked away forlornly.

He mentally patted himself on the back. Even a little progress is progress.

The sound of an approaching pair of heels stopped just on the other side of him causing him to turn towards the newcomer. Scarlet lips turned into a small grin, "Looks like San's going to have to watch out," she teased.

"Sung-Kyung? What are you doing here?" Wooyung asked surprisingly.

She gestured towards the open seat, silently asking permission to sit. A simple nod was given making her sink down on the cushion. Wooyoung held back a chuckle as he noticed a baffled expression fall upon the barista's face.

"I was in town looking for Jongho, he hasn't really spoken to me since that day. I got his address from his manager but he wasn't home."

Wooyoung nodded again. If he was being honest he hadn't seen too much of Jongho either, whether he was at their apartment or with San over at the Choi residence. 

She lowered her eyes to the table, using the pooling condensation from the drink in front of her to draw circles on the walnut toned wood. "How's San doing?"