pieces

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* earlier *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Jongho's heart thumped rapidly. Beads of sweat lined his temples and he wiped the palms of his hands on his fighting shorts to dry them, to no avail.

The crowded stands of the arena were swarming with countless bodies, all there to bear witness to his debut. 

He wasn't sure if San and Wooyoung were here yet or if they would even make it, but the time to walk the dark tunnel that led to the bright lights of the octagon was near.

The waiting area beneath the arena was crawling with fighters accompanied by their managers, trainers and the occasional reporter excited to capture the behind the scenes look of the athletes.

Jongho was pacing along the floor to the annoyance of his trainer, Jay, who was trying to tie his wrist wraps around his hands and in between his fingers. 

"I didn't take you to be the nervous type before a fight," he said, watching Jongho, who's gaze was captivated by something on the other side of the room. 

He shook his head, regaining his focus, "It's n-nothing," he stuttered. He lowered his eyes to his feet and wiggled his toes, attempting to distract himself and put his mind back into the fight.

When he got bored of that he begin stretching his legs and arms out to warm up his body. Now that he was less than an hour away from his fight he needed to remain concentrated. Jongho's trainer watched over him, making comments along the way to guide him.

Jongho watched the world be turned upside down as he spread his feet shoulder width apart, bending at the waist to look through his legs. 

"Hey, Jongho." A sweet voice called out above him. 

He stood up straight at the sound (a little too quick), making his head spin in a rush and his face turn a bright cherry red. 

His trainer raised a suspicious eyebrow at the pair, waiting as an awkward silence took place. When he realized Jong wasn't going to speak any time soon he nudged him with his elbow, interrupting his dazed stare.

He jumped slightly, snapping his mouth closed as his lips had begun to part slightly, "H-hey, Aisha, what are you doing here?" 

Jongho closed his eyes briefly, mentally slapping himself for the question. Obviously he knew she was here to fight. Aisha was in the female league, a skilled south paw just like him and debuting tonight like a few others on the preliminary card. 

"I just wanted to wish you good luck on your fight tonight," she chuckled softly, turning up the corners of her pink lips in a smile that made Jongho want to look for another distraction.

"Oh, right, thank you. I should be able to do a good job since I have my pants on this time," he let out an awkward laugh that rang out across the room.

Why are you bringing that up? his thoughts wondered at the mention of his drunken 'Lights All Night' serenade.

Jay cringed at the sound, using the moment to walk away slowly before he had to witness anymore of this slow motion car crash of a conversation.

Aisha let out another sweet laugh, using her gloved fist to cover her mouth. "I thought you did a good job back then too," she replied.

Lights beamed from Jongho's eyes and he put on a gummy smile, her compliment shading his face again.

"Represent for all of us left-handed fighters out there okay? Maybe we'll both take home a win," Aisha said as she stuck her fist out towards him.