bruises

Jongho's Song:

Sia - The Greatest

Uh-oh, running out of breath, but I
Oh, I, I got stamina
Uh-oh, running now, I close my eyes
Well, oh, I got stamina
And uh-oh, I see another mountain to climb
But I, I, I got stamina..

Don't give up, I won't give up
Don't give up, no no no

I'm free to be the greatest, I'm alive
I'm free to be the greatest here tonight, the greatest
The greatest, the greatest alive

+

Deafening cheers and applause rang through the arena, pressing against Jongho's eardrum. His body was currently numb to the aches that would settle over his limbs after the adrenaline was done coursing through his veins. 

The only thing he could feel was his heart thumping sporadically as the final bell rang to signal the end of the match. He felt his arm being raised in the air as the announcer yelled excitedly through the microphone to silence the crowd, "And the new champion, by unanimous decision, Choi Jo-"

"Jongho! You need to eat before you leave. Wake up!" 

The sound of his mother's voice pierced through the pillow he had laying on his face. He pouted at the ceiling as he removed it and forced his eyes open to the bright light pouring in through his window. He reached for his blue comforter, grabbing at air as he realized his blanket had been kicked to the floor.

Giving up on laying there and risking his mother coming in with her spatula, he climbed out of bed and opened the door to his room. An array of dishes filled the air with a delicious aroma and Jongho followed his nose to the table. 

He wished his mom lived closer so he could eat her food whenever he wanted. 

"Honestly you look like the dead who just arose from the depths of the lowest trench," his mom teased and placed a warm bowl of rice in front of him. 

Jongho didn't need a mirror to know that one side of his hair was sticking straight up from where his head lay, or that the crinkles from his bed sheet were imprinted on the side of his face. He stared blankly with no direction, not caring to look at the spoonful of rice he brought to his mouth.

"I feel like it too," he replied. As much as Jongho enjoyed this training camp, he was exhausted. Nonstop two a day workouts and sparring sessions had proven to be difficult but he pushed through. 

Now that it was complete though, he was officially slated to make his debut and could focus on using his training time with San to prepare for that simultaneously. He pulled his phone from his pocket to check if Wooyoung had responded to the message he sent. 

Jong 💪: 

how was lights all nite?

sent on Sunday

He still hadn't responded so he set his phone down and took another bite. It wasn't unusual for Woo to go a few days without bothering to charge his phone. The only people he ever talked to were always around.

However when he called him just last night to see how things were it just rang nonstop, which means that it was definitely on and he was ignoring his calls.