028

Jungkook

I was aware of her presence beside me at all times. I sat up awkwardly just so I wouldn't accidentally touch her.

Her phone buzzed. I didn't mean to look at her text. My eyes just flicked over her phone and I accidentally read it. It sent shivers down my spine.
I can bring someone back to you, who you wish would burn in hell.
Watch your step, Lali ;)
-anonymous

She's been getting texts, too...

She put her phone down immediately, and her breathing hitched.

Everyone else was talking and laughing, no one was taking notice of her.

"Lisa? Are you okay?" She jumped, as if I had startled her. "I-I'm fine.." She tried to smile.

I looked at her in pity. Her eyes met mine. They were scared. Terrified.

Then I received a text.

Tzuyu 🥰
Kookie where are you?
My parents are here waiting..

'Why are her parents there..?' I thought, but then it hit me like a brick wall. We were meant to have dinner that night.

"I..uh..I have to go..bye guys!" I said, grabbing my coat. Everyone looked confused. I ran. I was already 23 minutes late.

I sprinted down the sidewalk. I slowed down a bit across the road, but froze. All I could hear was the honk of a horn, and I was blinded my headlights.

Lisa

I watched him run out the door, my eyebrows furrowed. "I'll go after him." I said, and jogged to the door. I saw him on the sidewalk, nearing a road.

I knew what was going to happen. I ran. I pumped my legs. I wished them to go faster and faster.

They felt numb. I felt numb. As he crossed the road, he froze.

"JUNGKOOK!" I yelled, tears streaming down my face.

I jumped.

I put my hands out in front of me, pushing him out of the way.

Pain surged through my body.

Black. All I could see, darkness.

"LISA!"

Jungkook
The Next Morning

I held her hand as she lay in the bed, tubes going in and out of her, monitors beeping.

"Please wake up.." I whispered, tears threatening to fall out of my eyes.

"Please.." I begged. I closed my eyes, letting those tears fall.

"Jungkook?! What happened to her?" Jennie, Jisoo and Chaeng walked in.

They all covered their mouths.

Tears fell out of all of their eyes.

"L-Lisa..!" Chaeng whimpered, rushing over to her.

Jennie walked up beside me.

"What the fuck did you do, Jeon?!" She asked. "I-I...I didn't mean to.." I whispered, not able to look at her. She scoffed.

"What happened.." Jisoo asked. They all sounded heartbroken.

"She ran in front of a car..to save me." I mumbled, staring at her face. Chaeng took a breath in, as more tears escaped her eyes.

"L-Lisa! You stupid, stupid girl!" She said, hitting her lightly on the leg. "Hey, hey! Be gentle, okay? We have to be strong. For Lisa." Jisoo said, taking Chaeng's hand off Lisa's leg.

There was a knock on the door, and a nurse walked. "Miss Jisoo, Miss Jennie and Miss Chaeyoung, there is someone on the phone who wants to speak to you. It refers to your debut?" The nurse said, and all the girls rushed out.

Their debut?

What have I done.

I started to cry again. But then I heard a soft voice.

"Don't cry, Kookie-ah...I'm fine, see?"

~~~

Oof, this chapter was hard to write. I had this event happening in the original idea, but it used to be much later in the book. But with all the things I have planned, it fitted best here.

Anyways thanks for reading! I just reached 10K reads! I love you all so much! And over 500 votes, you guys are amazing. This book was also #1 in bangpink yesterday, and that's unbelievable. Thank you all so much!

-author chan x