034

Lisa's POV

I fiddled with my microphone. My heart beat in my chest was driving me crazy. We were all silent, about to make our debut on Inkigayo. It was so scary, yet so exciting at the same time.

"You'll go on in 20 minutes." A staff member whirled by us. Phew, that means we have some time to spare. My phone began vibrating. I looked to see who was calling me. It was BamBam.

I walked away from the chaos of makeup and microphones, and picked up the call.

Bold: Lisa
Italics: BamBam

Hey Bam! What's up?

Hey, Lis...I have some bad news.

W-What is it?

Well, it's not technically bad. But it might upset you so be prepa-

Stop rambling and tell me what it is.

Jungkook's getting married today. It was a last minute decision. I just thought you might like to know.

I felt my whole body stiffen. The first thought that came to my mind was 'I don't care.' That's also what I said to BamBam right before I hung up.

But then it came to me. Reality. I did care. I cared a lot. But it was too late. He was getting married to this beautiful woman. I had seen her Instagram page, she had 200,000 followers. She was probably the prettiest woman I've ever seen in my life.

I dialed Bam's number again.

Lisa?

Bam..I just realized...I do care..

W-What?

I still care about Jungkook.

What are you trying to get at, Lalisa?

I'm trying to tell you that I still love him, BamBam! What the fuck am I supposed to do?!

I heard his heavy breathing.

I-I....go to the wedding. Stop it, Lisa. Stop the wedding.

What?! Are you crazy?!

I'll come with you! You have to. You two are so perfect for each other, Lis..

...

You're right. What time is the wedding on at?

One hour.

My heart quickened. I would never make it in time. That's when I had to make the hardest decision of my life.

My heart or My career

Pick me up outside the Inkigayo building.

What? Why are you there?!

Its..it's nothing. Just pick me up, okay?

I'll be there in 5.

I hung up again. Everyone was gonna kill me, but this was urgent. I ran back to the crowd of people.

I unfastened by microphone from my waist, and handed it to the nearest staff member. I then grabbed a jacket.

"Lisa, what are you doing?!" Jennie asked. "I-I need to go-" I said.

"WHAT?! Lisa, you can't leave now!" Jisoo said. "I need to!" I said. "No, don't leave! We're all nervous but please, stay!" Rosie said.

"No. It's for Jungkook." I said. My eyes were tearing up. They all stared at me for a second, and then nodded.

"W-We'll try to stall it or something." Rosie said. "What? Really?" I asked. I hugged them.

"We love you so much, Lisa. Don't get hurt, please." Jennie said. I closed my eyes. I won't.

I then ran out of the building, just to see Bam's sports car waiting for me.

I got in.

"We're just about to hit rush hour traffic, so it's a good thing you were fast- what the fuck are you wearing, Lisa?" He asked. I realized that I was still wearing my stage outfit.

"It doesn't matter. Just go." I said, and we sped down the main streets of Seoul.

50 Minutes Later

We pulled up at the chapel. It was small. "Are we too late?" I asked Bam. He looked at the clock.

"Run, Lisa. I'll be in after you." He said. I nodded. My heart beat almost popped out of my chest. What the fuck am I doing... Was playing like a broken CD in my head.

I grabbed the handle of the door, and swung it open. And there they were.

Jungkook's POV

"Do you, Chou Tzuyu, take this man, Jeon Jungkook, as your lawfully wedded husband, through sickness and through health, until death may do you part?" The minister asked. "I do." Tzuyu said immediately, smiling shyly at me.

"Do you, Jeon Jungkook, take this lovely woman, Chou Tzuyu as your lawfully wedded wife, through sickness and through health, until death may do you part?" He asked.

I gulped. I couldn't stop seeing her face. There was this feeling in my gut, telling me to just wait a few more moments before I agreed with this. I waited, and the minister cleared his throat. "I-I do." I said.

"Is there any person who objects to this marriage? Speak now or forever hold your peace." He said, and I looked around.

Just then the door swung open. "I-I object!" Said a voice that I knew all too well. Many people gasped.

"Wait what? No one ever objects-" The minister said, and he looked panicked.

It was Lisa, wearing some kind of Halloween costume. "Well?" She called. I looked at Tzuyu, who looked confused. She had never seen Lisa, ever.

"Well..uhh..I guess do you still wanna go on with the wedding?" The minister asked.

My heart thumped. D-Do I?

Do I want to marry Tzuyu and be content for the rest of my life?

Or do I want to end it with Tzuyu for Lisa to potentially get hurt all over again?

I felt my heart beat. Bu-Bump, Bu-Bump, Bu-Bump..

What the fuck am I supposed to do?

Author's Note 🤠
Sorry for leaving y'all on a cliffhanger haha. Which do you think JK will choose? Thank you for 25K reads btw, y'all are insane 🥺 I'm not even sure which one I should make him choose..but I think I have the best idea ;)

Bye!