036: A Man with a Plan

2 Years Later

Jungkook's POV

I strolled into the café, whistling a tune I had heard. I ordered my coffee to go.

I was about to check my emails on my phone when someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around to face them. Surprise took over me. It was an old friend that I hadn't seen in a while.

"Oh..hey Bam..!" I said. "Hey Kook!" He said. The last thing I saw of him was his back, carrying Lisa out on my wedding day. The day I left her heartbroken.

"How are you?" He asked. "I'm good." I nodded. "How about you?"

"I'm okay. My hot chocolate is taking ages, though. I'm kind of in a hurry." He said, checking his watch.

"Hm, where are you going in such a hurry?" I asked. "To a Blackpink Inkigayo showc-" He slapped his hand over his mouth.

I fake laughed. "It's okay, Bam. That sounds fun." I said. "Really? You should come! They're really great performers." He said.

"Um..I don't know, Bam.." My voice trailed off. "JK, you're gonna have to face her at some point. Might as well do it today, right?" He said. I thought about it for a moment.

"Ugh..I guess you have a point." I sighed. "So you'll come?" He asked, his voice shining with hope.

"....fine." I said, and he squealed like a girl. I rolled my eyes.

One Hour Later

We were standing in the Inkigayo building. There was people running around me, but my eyes were focused on the screen. Bam was jumping up and down with excitement.

"Blackpinkeu magi makchareom!" (I know i didn't spell it right.) The MC announced.

The stage lit up, and there she was. Her bright orange hair was blinding. It suited her, though.

She jiggled her hips and slid her hands up her body. Then Jennie came on.

They were amazing. No wonder they're so successful.

Their performance flew by. Before I knew it, Bam was rushing me to their dressing room.

Just as Bam was about to knock, I stopped him. "B-Bam...I can't do it...it's too hard.." I stammered. A lump was forming in my throat. I couldn't do it.

I backed away, and speed-walked out of that corridor. I looked down, trying not to let anyone see my tear-filled eyes.

But my chest collided with something. "The fuck?" A voice said in front of me. I looked up, and our eyes met. A hundred words that went unspoken were said in that moment, but at the same time, they weren't.

"You..get the fuck out of here." She said with a cold gaze. She then stood up and ran away. My eyes followed her until she disappeared around a corner.

I sighed and closed my eyes. "Lisa.." I whispered.

I stood up. The lump in my throat was growing. 'What do I do..What do I do?!'

"Jungkook?" I looked up. "C-Chae.." I said. She crossed her arms and just stared at me.

"Why are you here?" She said slowly. I could feel myself sweating.

"Bam brought me-" I said and she gasped. "BamBam? Like, Kunpimook?! How dare he! Traitor!" She said to herself. "He said it would be fun-" She cut me off. "Does he know Lisa at all?" She sighed.

"Can you show me your dressing room?" Before I knew it, the words had left my mouth. She looked shocked for a moment, but tried to cover it up.

"Fine. But don't do anything stupid, Jeon, or I swear, I will break you." She turned and strutted away. I presumed she wanted me to follow her, so I did.

We stopped outside this door with a huge star on it.

"Well, are you gonna go in or what?! It's just Lisa in there. Or maybe Bam is too, but I can't even look at him right now." She said briskly. Damn. That's cold.

"Uhh..yeah, I'll g-go in.." I mumbled, and before I knew it, my hand was twisting the door handle and pushing it open.

"Why the fuck would you bring him here, Bam? You out of all people should know how much he hurt me." A voice said. Lisa's voice said. She sounded hurt. Angry.

"I just thought-" Bam said, but I cut him off.

"Hey, Bam, I just remembered-" I pretended to be surprised that Lisa was in there. Bam froze, and so did I.

"J-Jungkook.." He said. He did not sound happy.

"Get him out." Lisa said through clenched teeth. "Lisa, just listen to me-" I began trying to explain myself.

"OUT!" She yelled, standing up from her chair. Bam rushed me out of the room.

"I'm so sorry, Kook.." Bam said quietly.

"It's okay." I mumbled. "No, it's not.." He sighed. But then a smile appeared on my face. A plan! A plan was all I needed, and now I have one!

"No..it really is okay! I know what to do!" I said excitedly, running towards the door of the Inkigayo building. 

BamBam chased me out the door, then stopped in the middle of the path. "What?!" He screamed after me.

I turned around, running backwards. "I have a plan!" I said, and then turned back around.

"It's all okay, because I have a plan!" I yelled to no one in particular. But..I then tripped over the leash of a dog.

"Oh my god, are you okay?!" The owner said. My trousers were ripped and my knee was bleeding, but I immediately got back up.

"Of course I'm okay! You wanna know why? Because I have a plan! I'm a man with a plan!"

———

Just imagine Jungkook running down the streets of Seoul, screaming about his plan like a lunatic. Can you guess what his plan is? 😏

Sorry I didn't update for a while. I had writer's block, but now I think it's gone. Thanks for 30K reads!

-author