Preface

Hi! It's me. Legacy has killed me. And of course, we all know the best way to survive is... BY WRITING A BOOK NINE PREDICTION!

*Holds up sign that says "Applause"*

*No one applauds*

Come on guys, seriously?

*Booing*

*Someone throws rotten fruit at me*

*Sighs* Okay. Fine.

But anyway... I'm writing a book nine prediction! Yayyy! We don't know the title yet, but I think it's going to be Swan Song. If I turn out to be wrong I'll change it when the real title is released. Anywayyyy... I've started figuring things out, some major plot stuff, but nothing's really set in stone yet. If you have any ideas, feel free to PM me! I'll give you credit! :)

Anyway, I hope you enjoy! Feedback will be welcomed and there's a good chance I'm going to completely change my plot halfway through and rewrite it. Soooo...

Here goes!

Sophie stared at the cache between her fingertips. It looked almost like the marbles she'd play with as a kid. A harmless object used for a child's amusement.

It looked so tiny.

So insignificant.

Such a small thing to hold secret that could destroy their world.

They were about to learn a forgotten secret.

Suddenly, all of Dex's and her parents' and the council's and Oralie's warnings about how this could go wrong hit her. And she started worrying.

Worried that the secret would destroy Oralie's fragile sanity.

Worried that the knowledge could completely change the Elvin world- and not in a good way.

Worried that whatever they found wouldn't be enough.

Worried that it would confirm her fears about what stellarlune could have done to Keefe.

Sophie shook her head. The risk would be worth it.

The risk would be worth it.

Anything would be worth it if it could save Keefe.

She couldn't back out now, not when she was so close.

Sophie gave the cache one last look before handing it to Oralie.

Oralie held it close to her lips and whispered the words that would change everything.

Like my preface? What am I saying, of course you do. Next chapter is already written, so you guys have that to look forward to!

Please vote and comment! :)