Chapter Twenty Three

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEEEEEEEEE!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR CARROT!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

YAY! TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY! I am now...

A number higher than I was yesterday.

Lol, like I'm revealing my age!

Anyway, fast update! Whoo!

Less than 50 words? What is this sorcery?

Crowd: Well-

Me: NOT THIS TIME, PEASANTS!

Enjoy!

"You did?" Dex whispered.

"Yeah. Okay, let's meet back in Axel's kitchen. These should be enough proof that he really is in the Neverseen, and we can get him arrested," Sophie whispered, unsure why she was whispering. As Sophie made her way towards Dex, the house felt a lot less scary now that the caches were found, but obviously they weren't safe yet. And when her alarm device thingy started blinking, the Moonlark berated herself for being calm. Dex, keeping more of a level head than Sophie, fumbled for the obscurer. Amidst the panicking, Sophie remembered something.

"Dex," she hissed.

"What?"

"How fast can you run?"

Dex looked confused. "Pretty fast. Why?"

"I'm going to teleport." With Dex's hand in hers, Sophie took off sprinting. Dex seemed to be the only one remembering that Sophie couldn't teleport through solid objects, and opened a back door with telekenisis. Transmitting a quick Thank you, Sophie ran with Dex through the door into Axel's backyard. Had they not been in such a rush, she definitely would have looked around at the gadgets Axel had, but there was definitely no time for that now. The rubber band stretching sensation took over, and as they "snapped," Sophie opened the void and the two entered. Both of them reappeared outside of Havenfield. Remembering the bodyguards, Sophie pressed the button and said, at a foreign feeling normal volume, "We teleported back to Havenfield. We have the caches." The bodyguards light leaped over as well and all congratulated Sophie and Dex.

Now that they were safe, Sophie could feel an intense feeling of relief bubble in her chest. As she realized how much fun she had, with the adrenaline and excitement mixing with the fear, she began to laugh with exhilaration. "That was awesome!"

"I know, right!" Dex exclaimed. He held his hand up for a high five. "Hey Gigantor. Wasn't that a good idea after all?"

"Oh mallowmelt, you're calling me Gigantor too?" Sandor muttered. He titled his head towards the heavens and sighed "Why?" Sophie snorted.

"Anyway, we should probably get these caches to Oralie," Dex said, a smile still on his face. All at once, Sophie felt her good mood fade.

"Why her?" Sophie muttered.

"Because she's the one who should have Kenric's cache," Dex answered. "And, honestly, she's least likely to kill us when we show up in the middle of the night." As he realized why Sophie was so opposed to facing Councillor I-Have-Her-DNA, he added "It can't be that bad, Sophie. Come on."

"Okay," she muttered.

Sandor, naturally, came with them, as he did for everything. Thankfully, he kept his distance as they approached Oralie's castle- Sophie was sure he didn't want to get involved in even more elvin drama.