Chapter Twelve

I'm back! Did you miss me? Course you did. I'm sure you were constantly checking, longingly staring at the screen to see if your favorite author had updated your favorite story...

Crowd: Um, yeah! We keep checking to see if wordsofjade- has updated Keeper of the Lost Cities: LGBTQ+ Edition. That's such a great story, have you read it? If you haven't you totally should.

Me: I would complain, but... that really is a good story. Okay, I'll let it slide this time.

Crowd: Wait... were you implying that this was our favorite story by our favorite author? BAHAHAHAHAHA hilarious.

Me: You're meaaaaaaaan.

Crowd: Just honest, Carrot. Now, continue with this trash. We're in a bit of a time crunch- I need to go read some good fanfiction.

Me: Oh shut it.

Okay, guys, I know you want to find out what happens, but my idea sucks and is highly disappointing so please don't read it.

...

...

...

...

...

Seriously, don't read it.

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

(Now I realize I could use copy/paste.)

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

You've destroyed all the trust in our relationship.

...

...

...

Fine, go ahead.

For a single, terrifying second- nothing happened. In that second, Sophie pulled out approximately 30983209483290 eyelashes and went through an emotional roller coaster, that made her think of Keefe's reaction: Wow, Foster. Those are some crazyyyy feelings you're flinging at me. Chill, it's starting to make me that emotional. He'd say that while fanning the air, of course, just like he always did. Just before Sophie started screaming and trying to break things and murder people- which Dex and Oralie would probably not appreciate- something did happen.