Chapter Thirty Six

Hola!

Crowd- You can speak Spanish now?

Me- Uh... si?

Anyway, this chapter has cHARACTER DEVELOPMENT FOR STINA! AHHHH! I have no idea how to develop characters, so that's bad, but Stina has potential for AMAZING character development, so that's good. It's also got some stuff about Gemma (the Mesmer) because why not. Oh! And a cliffhanger!

WE REACHED 1K COMMENTS THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH HAVE SOME VIRTUAL MALLOWMELT!

Okay, enjoy!

"Ready for a looooong day of interrogations?" Stina asked, rolling her eyes.

Sophie looked down at the piece of paper she had, containing the list of all of the Neverseen members. She had give everyone two days to recover from the battle at Gildingham before gathering Team Valiant and giving everyone their tasks.

Biana, Dex, and Wylie were going over the tactics and weapons that the Neverseen used and how to counter them more effectively. At the time she had left them, Biana was explaining the value of sucker punches and how the Black Swan would benefit from giving one to everyone.

Stina and Sophie, on the other hand, were going to interrogate everyone on her list who had been categorized as arrested. All of them were in Carcerem for the time being, but Sophie thought that at least a few of them would be moved to Exile after their Tribunals. The Tribunals would be taking place in a few weeks.

"Yeah," Sophie agreed in a monotone. "Interrogations. Fun."

"Who are we very funly interrogating first?" Stina asked.

The corners of Sophie's mouth twitched up. "First of all, 'funly' isn't a word-"

"Whatever, Lady Fos-Boss," Stina muttered. Sophie laughed, which made Stina laugh.

And then Sophie realized something.

She was laughing and joking around with Stina Heks.

Stina Heks, who she first met because Sophie's best friend removed her hair. Stina Heks, who made fun of her best friend for being a bad match. Stina Heks, who told her that she was going to be sent to Exillium. Stina Heks, who Sophie had really hated, and then disliked, and then tolerated, and then...

Were they almost friends now?

Sophie decided to ask. Well, indirectly. But sort of allude to that 'We don't quite hate each other, what has happened to the universe?' thing. "I'm sorry I laughed at you," Sophie apologized. "When we met in Slurps and Burps. I'm sorry I laughed at your hair- or, lack of it, I guess."

Stina's eyes widened. Sophie didn't have to be a telepath to know that that was the last thing Stina expected her to say. "Oh. Um. No problem. I guess it was, kind of, funny, in retrospect. I mean, I would totally laugh at you if you went bald- no offense."

"None taken," Sophie smiled. "And I'm sorry I formed an opinion on you based on what I heard from Dex and Biana and Marella, and proceeded to hate you for years."

"To be fair, Dex had every right to convince you to hate me. I was pretty awful to him." Stina frowned. "I should probably apologize to him too."

"Yeah, probably," Sophie agreed. "But I'm sure he'd be okay with it. He's a pretty nice person."

"Good," Stina said quietly. "I'm, um, I'm sorry I was rude to you."

"That's okay," Sophie replied. "Once people started trying to kill me, some teasing at school didn't really seem important anymore."