Chapter Twenty Two

Sorry about the wait! But hey, at least I didn't do to you what I did to those Fanfiction.net people! I wrote a chapter entirely in terrible text talk, made Sophitz canon, and then killed everyone off as part of an April Fool's prank! It was torture, honestly. Fun, but torture.

I sound like a masochist.

Crowd: You are a masochist.

Me: What makes you say that? (Though it is true.)

Crowd: I mean, you bring us here specifically to insult you.

Me: True. Okay, I probably do have a problem.

Crowd: No, you definitely have many problems.

Me: Shut up.

Special announcement! Something very fun concerning the crowd will be coming soon: More details by the end of the chapter!

*Clears throat* Yeah. Okay. Let's just move on.

And let's applaud me for keeping the A/N under 150 words!

Crowd: *Doesn't applaud*

Me: Hey!

Crowd: *Throws rotten fruit again*

Me: Stop!

Crowd: You just passed 150 words.

Me: THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! SHADY BLACK BELT PROTECTION SQUAD ™! ATTACK!

Okay, now let's move on for real. Enjoy!

"Operation Stealing Caches shall commence!" Dex whisper-yelled. "Okay. So, I've hacked into the security system so that if we're careful, no alarms will be going off. I was able to disable the cameras, but I couldn't view them, so I have no idea what the house looks like. For the bodyguards, if you see Axel or anyone coming, press this button and Sophie and I will know to hide." He handed the bodyguards something that looked very similar to the panic ring Sophie wore.

"Wow. Dex, you did all this?"

"Yeah. Guess what, Technopaths actually can be pretty useful!"

Sophie sighed. "I hate it when you make self-depricating jokes about your ability like that. When will you figure out that you're actually really, really, important?"

Dex shrugged. "I don't know. About when I actually get appreciation, maybe."

Sophie looked down at her feet, suddenly ashamed of herself. "We probably are doing a pretty terrible job of showing you how awesome you are, huh?" Dex nodded, and Sophie added "I'm- well, I'm really sorry, Dex. Even if I accidentally start ignoring you sometimes, I'm always really glad that you decided to be my friend when I first showed up at Foxfire."

Dex grinned, showing Sophie his dimples. "Thanks, Sophie."

"Okay," Lovise interrupted. "This is sweet and all, but we're kind of about to start a robbery-"

"It's not like that!" Sophie protested, cheeks suddenly flaming.

"Yeah!" Dex agreed vehemently. Then his grin grew much more evil- has Keefe been rubbing off on this boy? "Besides, Sophie likes Ke-"

"-Don't say it!-"

"-And Fi-

"Don't say it!" Sophie's face was probably hotter than Everblaze right now.