Chapter Twenty Five (!!!)

FAST(ish) UPDATE, WOOHOO!

Okay, ready for the giant speech? Course you are. Here we go...

Chapter 25! Whoo! As of last chapter, Swan Song exceeds the length of my Legacy prediction! (Legacy, What Is A Legacy, on Fanfiction.net.) And in terms of word count, probably exceeded somewhere around chapter fifteen. As of right now, it's over 30,000! (! ! !) It also exceeds the length of In Which Stuff Happens, and all of my other works, so this is my longest online story! 

I just went back and reread my version of Legacy, and I can't believe how bad it is! There are almost no paragraphs- it's almost entirely dialogue. Since Legacy What Is A Legacy was published at the beginning of March 2019, it's been a little over a year- and it's incredible how much my writing skills developed in that year. So I'd really like to thank everyone who supported me and helped give me the opportunity to become a better writer? Like seriously, I never would have gotten close to being a halfway decent writer if I'd never gotten a Fanfiction account and/or a Wattpad acount, and I'll rant more about each site on each anniversary, neither of which is soon. 

Okay, I'm done talking now, you can go read the chapter!

Enjoy!

"What's going on with you and Keefe?"

Sophie groaned. Internally, she couldn't decide if she wanted to scream, cry, murder Dex, murder Keefe, or all of the above. Truly, it was an interesting mix of feelings. Three days had passed since her fight with Lord Hunkyhair, and she was getting pretty good at avoiding him like the plague. It was probably only a matter of time before he showed up at her house again. This time, she hadn't told her parents to keep Keefe outside. Grady would probably murder Keefe once she explained why, and as mad as she was, she still didn't want him to die... a little annoying part of her thought she might still choose him. All of her other friends had taken to interrogating Sophie (probably also Keefe) about this, especially Fitz, who asked Sophie at least five times every day, and had insisted "But we're cognates!" every time she refused. So, the center of the love triangle was also pretty annoyed with Wonderboy.

Boys were confusing, and Sophie had been trying to think about this as minimally as possible, which was why she was so annoyed with her best friend for setting her train of thought on that track.

"Dex. Please. I hailed you to ask about caches. Stop grilling me about my love life."

"You said lo-"

Sophie's over-analytical mind had started to dissect her own usage of the term "love life" the second Dex pointed it out. That was way more stress than she could deal with right now, and eventually she decided that she had proclaimed it a love life because that was just the more commonly recognized term for "romantic life."

Seriously, she needed to stop thinking about this.

"Dex, I swear to mallowmelt, if you don't shut up right now, I will-" her mind searched for an appropriate punishment. "-I'll bottle an Iggy fart and give it to the triplets!"

Dex's dimples faded. "You wouldn't."

"I totally would," Sophie argued. "Now, shut up and tell and me about the conversation you had with... a certain councillor who I don't want to say the name of."

Dex sighed. "You would already know if you actually managed to have a short conversation with her, and it was even about something completely unrelated to your shared DNA!" In response, Sophie stuck out her tongue. Her best friend sighed. "Look, Sophie, I get that you're mad at her for not telling you, but this is getting a bit excessive. Maybe you don't want to talk with her in your free time, but is talking to her about Black Swan stuff really that terrible? Eventually you're going to have to get over this... grudge you have against Oralie."