Chapter Seventeen

222 comments? What a beautiful number. Still, let's ruin it, shall we? --->

Wow! I actually updated within, like, a few days! The wonders boredom/corona break does to me!

But yeah, you get an update! Nothing super special happens in this chapter, and definitely not enough Sokeefe- it's sort of a mix between fluff/filler stuff and actual plot stuff, but more fluff, and-

You know what, I'm not going to spoil this chapter for you.

Crowd- Please do! Then I won't actually have to read it!

Me- *Sticks tongue out*

Crowd- Very mature.

"Hi, Foster! Guess what: You don't have to sit next to boring old Wonderboy, instead, you get to sit with the Keefster!" Keefe said, sliding next to Sophie's table at lunch. To an outsider, this would look exactly like it did every day; Keefe shoving Wonderboy out of the way so he could sit next to Sophie, making a joke, casually running his fingers through his Hair. But the outsider would have missed the sad, pleading look in his ice-blue eyes, the tentative smile he gave Sophie asking "It's okay if I sit next to you, right? We're okay... right?"

"Hello, Keefe. Thank you from saving me from boring old Wonderboy." Sophie replied, grinning to let Keefe know that she was going to try to ease the awkwardness.

"Hey!" Fitz protested. He had recovered from Keefe's shove and was now sitting next to Deck- Deck? No, Dex. My bad.

"They're right, you know." Dex shrugged, not even looking up from his... Sophie didn't know exactly what was on his plate... nor did she want to. "You are boring. And old. And... Wonderboyish."

"Ooh, are we insulting Fitzypoo?" Biana, who was on Dex's other side, squealed. "I love insulting Fitzypoo!"

"It's so fun, isn't it?" Marella sighed. "And easy."

Fitz glared at all of them, but they were too busy laughing to notice. "I thought you guys were supposed to be my friend!"

"No," Keefe snickered. "The chandelier is your friend."

"Oh my mallowmelt!" Fitz exclaimed. "That was one time!"

"And it is one time that we will never let you forget." Biana added.

Keefe opened his mouth to say something else, but Linh cut him off. "Guys, give Fitz a break," she said.

Reluctantly, Marella sighed. "Anything for you, Linh. Even that." To everyone else, she gave them a Listen-to-my-girlfriend-or-I-will-burn-your-face-off look until they agreed.

"Oh! In all the Fitz-bashing, I almost forgot!" Dex exclaimed. "Sophie, Forkle told me to tell you that we have a meeting right after school."

"Did he say where?" Sophie asked, already dreading the stairs. Oh mallowmelt, not the stairs, anything but the stairs.

"He told us to just show up at his office and he'd give us crystals. Some new hideout."

"Yay! Not the stairs!" cheered Biana, who evidently shared Sophie's fears.

"Oh, and there was also something about a new member joining?"

"Ooh, a new member?" said Glimmer, as the current newest.

"Wait, are you a member?" Keefe asked.

Glimmer nodded. "Yeah, I took the oath."

"So, how have your days been going?" Sophie asked, as an attempt to oblige her mom's orders for her to "act like a normal teenager." Sophie wasn't entirely sure what "normal" meant, but she was pretty sure that the question was something normal people would ask.