'She is different'

Surbhi's POV

I jumped from the bed in a jerk.

 Am I late again? 

 It was 8 am. No , not much. Saturday. Means no college. Only hospital but till evening.

Come on Surbhi wake up and get ready for work.

After getting ready, I went down stairs.

 Dad and everyone else were on dining table waiting for me. Yesterday night Neeti di was here only. I told her everything what happened in these days.

She told me that life was going to take a turn.

But what she was trying to say was out of my mind's reach so I just said good night to her.

"Surbhi in which world princess " Papa asked

"Nothing papa . Was just thinking about hospital" I replied

"Yeah. that's the problem. You think about hospital and patients. What about you." Mom asked looking at me.

 I know in which direction she was going.

"Mom don't start again please. I'm just 25." I whined

" You will be 26 soon" she reasoned

"That soon is after 4 months. Papa you say her naaa" I whined turning towards dad

"Let her complete her exams first. Then we will think about it" dad said and I grinned 

"Now let me eat" I smirked looking st mom and mouthed papa a thankyou while he smiled.

After finishing my breakfast I called Anjali.

"Where are You. I am waiting" I said

"Surbhi !!! I don't have duty today in hospital. You ruined my sleep. idiot" Her hoarse voice came.

Oh God. I forget it.

"Oh!!. I'm sorry. I forget " I said

"Good night again " she replied and I chuckled cutting the call.

The driver dropped me directly to hospital and I was about to enter inside when I saw something.

 A four-five year old kid was selling tea.

Can you imagine?

That tea pot was so heavy for him and he didn't even had slippers in his feet. Just then a person came to him and scolded him so badly for not properly working and pushed him away.

Is he a human or monster!! I ran and picked him up.

Thank God tea didn't spill on him.

"You okay boy" I asked him

"yes-yes" he said.

"Why do you work here. You should go to school " I asked him.

" I can't. Is school more important than food. This tea selling is my livelihood. It earns me food" he replied.

I didn't know what to say. Honestly there were so many children like him outside. I stood up and saw that man moving away.

"Stop there" I angrily spoke.

"Are you a human being or not. Is this a way to treat a child" I added angrily.

"Children should be treated in this way only otherwise they dance on your head "he said

" Then I guess the same way you push away your children also" I bitterly spoke.

"That's none of your business and mind your own work. " he snapped