"Wedding Part-5"

SURBHI'S POV

It's all happening right now.

My mama chunri was so much beautiful. I was ready in my red mama chunri lehenga with a mod  tied on my head.

SURBHI'S ATTIRE

As I went, I saw Mahir standing on the foot stool

"Surbhi, mama phere (maternal uncle makes the bride take three rounds around groom) " Mummy said and I nodded.

Anjali had a plate full of rose petals in her hands. My maternal uncle came and held my hand while I filled my hands with rose petals.

I took two rounda around Mahir and showered the rose petals on him each time. In the third round as the ritual was, I showered the rose petals to his feet.

After this, I & Mahir came and sat in the mandap. The Mandap ( wedding pavilion ) was so much beautiful.

It was at the another side of the Palace in open. Sofas and cushions were placed with Lanterns and then a pool type structure in which Water was there covered with marigold flowers on which the Mandap was made.It had a way from outside to walk in it.

WEDDING MANDAP

I mean amazing it was!!

  Anjali came to me telling that Meet have taken away Mahir's shoes. I smiled and told her that she can do anything  after all she had made someone fall for her madly.

Our marriage rituals started .

 I was happy as well as very sad the same time. My heart wanted to cry out so loud. It's just some hours..some damn hours and I've to leave behind everyone. I've to leave behind My mom dad.. bhai.. bhabhi.. Neeti di.. Jiju... everyone!!!!
We have to take the four phere and the priests would tell  us the meaning of every sacred phera.

 I and Mahir were to give each other all the seven promises and I know I'll read honesty and only honesty in his eyes.

It was the time of Kanyadan (giving away the daughter) . That time my heart pounded very fast. Kanyadan!!